1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TXC310R Vs YZ250FX

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by CrankN, Jan 26, 2015.

1. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    And sadly the kick starter isn't much better.
  2. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Never had 1 problem with starter. I put a 5 amp lithium battery in from new. The stock or a 2.5 amp lithium battery didn't have enough juice, especially hot. My bike was made after all the updated parts. I think it's bike to bike case. Every now and then I'll kick it, first kick hot almost every time!!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My buddies TE310 kick starts crazy easy to. But then again you should not ever have to.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    My battery finally took a crap (excited to buy a lightweight earthx:)) and I kickstarted it for the first time lol. It was easy enough but I don't think I ever want to give up the button. I already can see it not kicking as easy at a race and leave me pissed off, mostly because I'd be worn out. Estart and efi are the best part of modern 4 strokes :)
    letitsnow likes this.
  5. wrtimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    For $4.5k less... I'd go the husky. That is a lot of money.
  6. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    I had the starter gear upgrade under warranty with 5 hrs on it. I've had the bike a year and now have only 25hrs total on the bike. It starts every time with the button no problem, and the times I've kicked it it starts super easy. It's also on the stock battery and has never seen a trickle charger, with only 25 hrs in a year it sits ALOT and always starts on the button.
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I wont buy a YZ just dont like the way they handle... probably just me.... I would get a KTM Beta Sherco Suzuki Honda Gas Gasor kquaker first
  8. JimBob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Yeah, that's true but it will buy a lot of parts. There's no saying at this point that the Yamaha won't experience starter or other problems too. I won't argue that the Yamaha will very likely be a more reliable and dependable motorcycle than the Husky and if you have no mechanical aptitude spending the extra $$$ might be the way to go.
  9. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Went into Yamaha today and through my leg over a Wr250F. Soooo high. I'm 5 '10 and was on tippy toes. Over A$13k ride away :O

Did you test the FX?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm not wild over Yamaha handling either but if you have not ridden one of there newer bikes you might be infor s surprise. They handle different now than they did in the past.
    310huskyTE likes this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have a buddy with a bunch of newer Yamahas. He has had his share of starter issues. His 2013 (I think) WR450 was a horrible starter as the EFI was so bad stock and the e-start was barely enough to make it go.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm almost 6 foot and the FX I sat on felt VERY tall and wide too. That surprised me.
  13. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250

I did test the FX, it was a quick 10 minute ride because there was a lot of people wanting to test the FX at the demo day.
    Sitting on the bike, it is tall but when the suspension beds in i should be able to get both feet on the ground, just, and i'm 5'11
    I don't think it's wide at all, in fact i thought it felt quite slim, but thats probably because i just got off my FE 350 which feels wide to me.
    The motor is awesome, it's fairly torquey and revs up real quick and it feels stronger than a 250.
    Suspension wise it's light years ahead of the WP rubbish on my 350, for me it would be a case of set the sag and adjust the clickers and ride!
    The bike is very agile and flickable through the trees and i felt right at home on it straight away, at the end of the 10 minutes i was very impressed as the bike just did everything right and i hit things harder on the FX than i could on my FE and i think i'd be quicker on the FX.

The only thing i didn't really like was the front brake, the nissins aren't as strong as the brembos but an oversized disc should fix that.
    I'm close to trading my 350 for the FX, to make sure i'm doing the right thing by going back to a yamaha and more importantly a 250, My dealer is lending me their demo FX for the day tomorrow so i can have a good ride on it then make my decision.
    CrankN and Motosportz like this.
  14. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Fantastic! I can sense your keeness :)
  15. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm keen alright!
    I just picked up the demo bike and now have it at home, I can't wait to ride this thing tomorrow!

image.jpg

The Missus doesn't know I have it, I should put it inside with the other three, and when she gets home from work she will flip!!
    reveille and CrankN like this.
  16. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey guys I'm 6'4" and thought the Xlites fit me perfect. The Yamaha YZ250FX is a big bike and I thank Yamaha for that. Bike fits pretty damn good after installing undermount damper and Fastway lowboy pegs. Us tall guys are tired of having bikes built for 5,8" guys!! Go Yamaha. Can't ride mine for a couple more weeks because of broken hand. It's goin to be 70 degrees here this weekend!!
    CrankN, rschneider and reveille like this.
  17. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well i spent 3 hours on the FX today, and i'm really impressed, for the type of riding i'm going to do this year i think the FX will be a good choice, its just so agile and rails ruts with ease and the torque of the motor is fantastic, the main aim of today was to test out the bottom end of the motor as that was my main concern with going back to a 250.
    I rode the FX up some steep technical single trail and there was plenty of bottom end to climb up wherever i pointed it, and it didn't struggle at all, i didn't have to keep kicking down gears, in 2nd it would just chug away and hold 2nd and climb to the top. The only time it wanted to stall was when i ran out of ability.
    The suspension is brilliant, i'll just set the sag, adjust the clickers and ride it. No messing around going backwards and forwards to a suspension tuner to try and get the suspension to work like with the WP stuff.
    I don't like the cable clutch, it gets heavy after a while, plus the lever is really long, so i would convert it to hydraulic.
    I would probably need to spend a little more time on it to decide if it really needs an oversize front disc rotor.
    The motor did feel a little restricted to me, so i'd probably put a full exhaust system on it, or maybe it was just that it was a 250 and not the 350 that I'm used too.
    I dropped the bike back at the shop at 1pm today, as that's when they close, and guess what happened, yep thats right i ordered the FX!
    All going well i should be saying goodbye to my 350 and picking up the FX next weekend!!

This afternoon i've been all over the web looking for parts to personalise the bike for me, i going to buy the Cycra power flow radiator shrouds, and i couldn't resist this graphics kit from Factory Effex.
    image.jpg
    And no it won't have number 51 on it, I don't like Barcia much.
  18. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    ^^^I hope you like your FX. I probably would've bought one if it had black rims and was out when I had the $$$ burning a hole in my pocket...

It's interesting that you didn't really like your 350, as the guys that I know with the 350's love them.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm sure it's a very nice bike and I'd like to ride one. New Yamaha bikes, especially off road models always create a huge buzz and are hailed as the salvation of riding. But then, the back pedaling starts.... move the motor mounts or do this or that. KYB's are very good and the WP's are in a bad place right now it seems.

Main point... ride what you like and what fits you, but if you don't like it or it doesn't fit you... doesn't mean it's junk.
  20. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    A loaner bike to test ride on your own? That's a very nice dealer you have there.The orange dealer wouldn't even start it before purchase. Dan at MotoXotica let me test ride his personal Beta before purchase. I'm a customer for life
    Motosportz likes this.