1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TXC vs TE turning ?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HomeFinance, Apr 26, 2009.

1. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a 08 TE 250 and rode a 08 TXC 250. The TXC turned much quicker and was still very stable at speed. Is the difference in the frame,triple clamps or both?
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I believe the rake of the TXC is less so it would turn faster. I really need to ride one of those sometime.
  3. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Russ, I think that Jake's TXC seemed more stable than ours because he was running a Motosportz dampner. As far as the handling and turning ability of the little TXC, I think many things go into it as I have thought a lot about what i can do to get my bike to feel/handle like it.

1. Rake is different. I'm also curious if it is as simple as triple clamps. In other words, are the frames the same, but the triple clamp offset different from TE to TXC?
    2. Motosportz dampner. I believe that this added to the stability in and out of corners and of course smoothing out rough straight-aways.
    3. The suspension was very good and felt less wallowy and more precise than my TE. It was abviously undersprung for my 205 pound frame, but still very good! The TXC ergos going in and out of corners was more upright and balanced, which differed from the back end of my TE going deep into a compressed stroke leaving my front end high as I entered a turn making it harder to point and shoot coming out of it.
    4. Motor characteristics. That motor was smooth and docile setting up a turn and entering it, but would light up as I exited it with plenty of get up and go. It didn't feel like I was wrestling it at all. This doesn't apply to you Russ, but for me I could definitely feel lack of recipricating mass compared to my TE 450. The TXC 250 felt very light and flickable compared to my bike by a good margin...HUGE margin.
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just rode the TE 450 last weekend and was wondering the same thing. I am 99% sure that the difference is the triple clamp. Of course the forks do make a difference as far as keeping the front wheel planted on the ground.
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    The wheelbase, overall height, and width are the same for the TC, TE, and TXC.

I guess the forks are different
  6. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

yes you do. I just rode my buddy's TXC-450 for the first time this past weekend. It only reaffirmed my desire for one. It is fast! I can say that I think it is comparatively as strong as my TE with maybe a little more mid-hit. However, it is much lighter and much easier to throw around and it wheelies like a bicycle. However, it comes with the same back breaking suspension. It's stiff as a woodpecker's lips in stock form. He had his reworked by the guy who's doing Scott Summers' bikes and it truely rides like a dream. It sticks to the terrain like glue. Other than that it is stock, but has the Arrow exhaust. That thing is a rocket and I want one BADDDDD!!!
  7. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Curious if the guy you mention, the one who did Scott Summers' bikes, is Wyatt at Moto-Velo?
    Those guys are close to me and I'd like to get my 08 TE450 working a bit better in the woods.
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The offset is different on the triple clamps for sure. I dont know of any other differences.
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

So are these TXC triple clamps going to be available in the Hard Parts Catalog...whenever that comes out?
  10. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't say for sure but I think the frames are different. I say this just from the way the IMS tank fits.
  11. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

WER did Scott Summers suspension.
  12. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Clamps are available from Husky, no need to wait for a Hard Parts Catalog.
  13. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am not sure what retail was I am thinking lower with stem was like $300.00 retail, top was I think around $100.00. Pretty Pricey for a few degrees.
  15. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    And the difference between the TE and TXC clamps is the offset? Anybody know what the difference is?
  16. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes I thought so but they do not tell us what the offset degree difference is. This is kind of strange I know. If you look in the parts fiche there are different part numbers for TE/SMR/ versus TC &TXC. If you go there you will see a W and a M under TE on the part numbers. W is for TE, M is for SMR.

TE lower clamp is 8000 BO221 Upper TE is 8000 BO220
    SMR Lower is 8000 BO348 Upper SMR 8000 BO347

Lower TC/TXC is 8000 BO349 Upper TC/TXC 8000 BO220

Please check before ordering that I put these down right. The TE shares the same part number as the TC/TXC for the upper clamp. So now I am questioning myself if it is different or not. It is late but how could the fork fit if only the lower has a different offset? I am also pretty certain that if you have a TE and replace with TC/TXC you will not have the slot for a steering lock. It is going to take someone like George at Uptite to tell us for sure.
  17. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    If the top clamp is the same the offset can't be different. Possibly the difference in p/n for the lower is brackets and mounting for the street legal stuff.
  18. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The difference is the stem diameter, larger on the TC/TXC. The steering difference comes from different frames on the TE and TXC.