1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

txc parts interchangeable?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by garagejunk8993, Dec 10, 2016.

1. garagejunk8993 Contributing member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 txc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 crf250l, 2001 400ex
    hello all. recently bought an 09 txc250. after my purchase i recently found out about the whole italian made vs. austrian made husqvarna deal after trying to get a few basic parts for it (oil/air filters etc) after calling my local dealership they told me they don't have a single lick of literature on pre 2014 bikes, so my search was on. i usually use motorsport.com for all my jap bikes but this particular YEAR doesn't even show up on their catalog.. i ended up finding out about OEMcycle.com as well as a euro site called italhusky.com. After talking to a few friends of my new purchase, the first thing they said to me was "the stepchild" i guess it pays off to research before you purchase?:doh: anyways I'm in no need of any engine overhauls/complete suspension rebuilds in fact i don't really need anything for it, but my only questions are as follows..

1. are there tc/te parts interchangeable between this bike? (plastics, suspension, basic engine/chassis parts)

2. are there any other common websites used for these great bikes?

forgive me for i have been in the dark with my passed susukis, hondas, and yamahas.

[IMG]
  2. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

3. garagejunk8993 Contributing member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 txc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 crf250l, 2001 400ex

thanks mike. i did get a shop manual for the 2009 model line and it is very helpful. looks like ill be going to you guys when in need, thanks again!
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    You've got what's called a "big block" motor. Pretty much EVERYTHING is interchangeable... even a lot of motor parts, with any TE, TXC and TC- 250, 310, 450, 510. (The TXC & TCs were carbed, IIRC). The plastic is no problem at all and most parts should not be a problem.

Use the sponsors on Cafe Husky. Bill's Motorcycles Plus (BMP) and Hall's Cycles are two shops that stock (no really: they stock) husky parts and ship worldwide.

service and parts manuals are here: http://www.husqvarnaoutlet.com/about_us (look at the lower left)
    and here: http://www.husqvarnafactory.nl/pdf/index.htm
  5. garagejunk8993 Contributing member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 txc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 crf250l, 2001 400ex
    Sweet deal, thanks for all the help so far! I think my search is complete for the perfect weekend blaster as ive said before ive been through my fair share of susukis, hondas, and yamahas both 2t and 4t but couldnt keep myself happy with them. Eventually sucked it up and spent a bit more money for this one. But im glad i did.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  6. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Another dealership is Motoxotica in California. Dan and Anne can get you just about anything and are very knowledgable.
  7. garagejunk8993 Contributing member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 txc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 crf250l, 2001 400ex
    Thanks for all the input so far guys. I just pulled the rocker cover off to check valve clearances. Im a few thousanths off on 3 valves so im waiting for my shim kit to come in to get back up and running. Bike ran flawlessly, just doing some prevenative maintenance after learning with an rmz250 with some out of spec clearances...other than that my short legs will be enjoying this electricstart come spring time. Any suggestions on gearing for enduro/hill climbs?? I do need a new drive set but havent bothered looking at tooth counts yet.