1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TXC 510 and lights?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Jeff@TireBalls, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm picking up a 08 TXC 510 this weekend and I'm new to Husky's.
    I'll be racing a night race at the end of the month. My question is, how much DC wattage does this bike provide? I want to run a 35 watt HID and a LED tail light. Any help would be great, Thanks!
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Good question!

I know the TEs use 35watt headlight and standard lights in the back (21 watts each?).
  3. meletis Husqvarna
    B Class

Not sure it is enough, TE is using a high output generator,

Just check if the part number of stator is the same as in TE 07 model, if yes then OK.
    If not, check on Trailtech

(by the way, TXC is a US model is it with e-start?? or just like TC)
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You might get away with that but an Trailtech X2 (75 watt HID) and a TT stator (100 watts Dc at idle) is the ticket. I would not want to race with anything else. Not sure how much night racing you have done but my findings are the amount of light is proportional to how fast you can go. If your set on running the one 35w I would for sure get a good helmet light to augment it (battery ones work great).
  5. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

The Trailtech light is great but I have raced at night with this setup that I have now and it works very well so this is what I'm going to stick with. A helmet light would be nice but it really isn't necessary.

Meletis, it is e-start.
  6. shotgunscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,suzuki,kawasaki,scorpa,AJP
    Congratulations on the new Bike.
    The stock DC output will not be enough to power the 35 watt HID for much more than an 30 minutes. I ran a 26 watt HID set up and lost power after 4.5 hours. I believe that the stock output is around 20-25 watts. In this photo I am using an 8'' Trail Tech Halogen and 2 Trail Tech MR 11 HID's mounted to the bars. [IMG]
  7. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

Cool, thanks for the info. Do you know if the ground can be floated and changed to all DC increasing the output like the KTM's?
  8. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

Ok, I went ahead and pulled the stator tonight and floated the ground and added a Trail Tech reg/rec. Low and behold I get 60 watts at 4000 RPM. This will give me plenty of power for my 35w HID and LED tail light for my night race on Thanksgiving weekend. :applause:

[IMG]

The TT reg/rec bolts right up to the stock holes and clears the tank perfectly.

[IMG]
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    How are you measuring that?
  10. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

I have an auto mechanic friend that has a meter that measured the output. These bikes use the exact same stator as the KTM 2k3k stators. Its a common mod on the orange bikes.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Was not doubting you modification at all. I wanted to measure the output of my bike for giggles. Power = current x voltage, thought there might be a standardized test procedure I could do with my DVM.
  12. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm not sure what the actual name of the meter is but I'll bet its available at someplace like AutoZone.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll keep an eye out, thanks!