1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TX300 still amazing (and notes)

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, Feb 4, 2018.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    another day with my crew....and another amazing day on the 3 hundo, all systems are go. after almost a year on the bike I really have the thing dialed for ergos and to exploit the power correctly. the thing is great in all environments. I need footpegs, I came off again, I will get them this week Joe for GP Motorcycles will hook me up. Note it took a long time and lots off comments from the crew to get me to change pegs on 2014 TE300, I had the OEM pegs sharp as an SX racers and could not be convinced to change......until I did, I got the kinda cheap Flo ones and never looked back. I was instantly atttached to the bike and love them. So that said Im going with the Flo again for my TX300.
    Note time to bleed the brake fluid and put in Motul RBF660 (Im still on OEM fluid ) I lost my rear in the Tractor race and today while trail riding.
    pvduke likes this.
  2. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    I have a few dumb questions on TX300 . Robertaccio have you had any issue with air fork ? ( I like idea so no respring for fat self ) I have heard it has the wide ratio 6 speed with the real low granny first, which bailed me out, once or twice on my 300xcw- could of sworn it had xc 5 speed ? The last thing is I ride 99% tight rocky stuff- power have a hard hit , JD jetting kit work well with this bike and carb setup ? Just thinking, not serious about one quite yet.
  3. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    I kinda think of an EFI version, which will come.
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    3-stroke best engine ever.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    The best way to explain this is a way I've been negligent on.....I will try my best to ride with my gopro next ride.....so yawl can hear this thing.....(or you can watch G Force ride his 300).
    I'm acting a little cocky because of all the internet chatter IMHO BS about how the carb is not tunable and piece of trash.....meanwhile Yamaha YZs have used this carb in both YZ125s and YZ250s for years and have won every shootout from so many different sources.

Its easy. 2017 TX300 mine--- is PV never touched((!!! the KTM factory dynos and tweaks each bike for what their parameter is for best overall power, I trust their parameters). stock final drive. stock induction (no cuts or airflow intake mods- I want it soft and controllable), FMF Gnarly Pipe more low end less overrev, FMF power core 2.1 Ti (runs better all around than with my Turbine core S/A which I run when required by race rules), JD Jetting exactly as on the chart (usually I go one clip leaner on James' setting but not for this bike), LOWERED FLOAT HEIGHT !!!, Thunder products torque wingy thingy, V Force 4 reed block, looped up my overflow standpipe tube even with lowered float height, 60:1 OEM mix, Maxima K2 synth, pump premium, OEM heat range BR7EIX iridium plug.
    Zero spooge (even when on a chug/lug day like yesterday) but safe black dry end, plug is safe on the dark side of brown dry. OEM Twin air filter with Maxima filter oil well squeezed.

Suspension-- Shock OEM Stock with a 2 rate increase on the spring with associated clicker adjustments, @ 103mm race sag for my weight.
    Fork I start the morn with 9.4 bar and it climbs as much as up to 9.8....this is my only gripe on the air forks. I'm still playing a little with my start setting. for G out type stuff there is no better fork , we have these cross grain things that are steep up and steep down right back into steep up, so full g out at the bottom, as that forks compress the pressure ramps up and just flat out works like a charm at bottom resistance. This is the first suspension in many years I've kept as is.

6 speed gearbox....and truthfully I cannot wrap my head around how much folks talk about internal gear ratios.....ride the bike and learn the gearbox, if you find a tough spot, adjust yourself and or play with your final drive, why get all wrapped up about what's inside? That's not a dig on anyone....but most keyboard riders would do better spending more time riding/racing and challenging themselves and learning how to exploit the machine to its fullest (which no one here can even do anyway)and less time in a science project that the OEM has done over years through R&D with top tier riders.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    like the fact you have a nice brown plug and no spooge. good going. i maybe gota tick more uber-fine fiddling ta go w/ the float and stand pipe tube reroute and a muffler repack to see if i can eliminate spoogeness. not to worried if i dont i play by plug color. i only get a small bog once in a while on this one ditch g-out on my track but it's a monster huge slammer/square edge thing it and bottoms my 125 pretty good like hitting a wall almost from 30-0 in 2 feet then boing! up in the air, down shift twice in the air and smoke the clutch mreeeep! off like a shot again (video forthcoming) thats mega extreme and im not going to try and tune around that the miku is good other than that with the JD blue needle nice n crispy rolls on good for a 125 and that = less clutch abuse.

gears? who cares its a 3hondo...leave it in 3rd pull in the clutch and roost on lol....BAROOOP! the clutch on my '12 300 was HUGE and toast proof. with a 5-speed it was clocked in Payson on the 260 HWY on pavement racing a buds katoom 350 enduro and i topped out at 71 mph. it was neck-n-neck then he grabbed 6th and pulled me....but that was about as fast as i wanted to go! proly never go that fast in the dirt.

the katoom/hoosk 300 hondos are amazing machines and with the magic button just wow best dirt bikes ever hands down.
    KXcam22 and robertaccio like this.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS and don't even think I'm some pro level racer/rider NOT.
    On my best days, I'm a top 10 from 60 riders in class 50 A (expert) do the math, sometimes a win sometimes a podium..but mostly just a finish. My crew does ride locally the 5%er trails as far as hard stuff goes and we are regular invitees to all the local hard trail ride benefit events..heck maybe because we pay! not really its because we regularly finish the 50% fail rate rides and races (refer to Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro for example). Sounds cocky..well truth is I'm not...Ive ridden with world enduro trophy team guys and former worcs pro level, Baja champs etc. guys, so I know how low us regular guys are in comparison.....I'm still a rank and file ammie/enthusiast/hobby rider--get it done and have fun. But I do know how a tune a machine with good results.
    454x likes this.
  8. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Well said!!! The 300 is fantastic machine. Cam
  9. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Glad to hear you are enjoying these supposed "cheapened down" KTM/Husky bikes! We now have several 17-newer models in our group, two and four stroke, including my 18 150xcw, and it sure didn't take much to dial them in. We didn't drill them full of holes, either. Did do some jetting, and we all like heads modified for tighter squish. Hardly a complete re-engineering of the platform. And (heresy warning) the Mikunis are working great!
    454x and robertaccio like this.
  10. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    My TX300 is bitchin!! Best bike I owned so far, love the air fork. First suspension I did not need to send out. Couple things...forget the aftermarket reed cage, the stock one works better (and yes I did see light through mine, but it still works better IMO). JD jetting did wonders to clean up but I needed to go richer on pilot and main compared to what was suggested by JD. Bars were very low, so added a small spacer to raise them up, foot pegs were angled too far inward/upward, so ground down some of the material to flatten them out. Watch over tightening the cases/covers, they are VERY delicate. An aftermarket head (S3, RK) does wonders to the bottom end. I am 191lbs without gear, and while I ran a stiffer spring in the rear, after MUCH testing, I found about 137lbs cold to be perfect for off-road riding. I can rail high speed whoops/jumps, but still feel plush on the roots, rocks and such.
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Additional new pegs on the way I thought I liked the OEM pegs....but Ive been slipping off them regularly.
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    meh- my pegs r fine....but i'm what 5'6"? yer what, 7' 89" with battleships fer feet?

weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

you going pivots or double welding, screw ins? when i file mine i leave the outer most ones dull. had a couple slips once- dragged my leg down the very edge of the peg, twice one ride same leg...last time it got between my shin guard and well it wasnt pretty i had to stop and attend to it. man that smarts.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I will go with the Flo. inexpensive and fully functional, had them on my 2014 TE300. (ChiCom Pegs I'm sure).
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  14. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    copy dat big bro....mreeep!
  15. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Took me a while to figure the TX300's air forks out. I really wanted to like them since I've been riding air suspension on mountain bike for decades. And you know what? I love the air forks on the TX300.
    Like I said, it took me a long time, what with making small adjustments then going for a ride, to get them dialed. Someone less anal than me would be able to do this in a few rides. But I was going for very little brake dive by adjusting the air. But plush enough to soak up bumps. All I ride is single track. Some of which is rather technical. At first I was having problems with deflection and harshness. But I kept experimenting and found the best balance between brake dive, no deflection at all, and just soft enough to float over rock gardens at speed.
    I just wish they would go air on the rear shock too. The weight savings and no need to be tied to a particular spring rate would be awesome!
    robertaccio and Kam1 like this.
  16. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    luvin the AER on the lil TC. plush and progressive. best out of the box fork ever.
  17. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    Care to share your base settings? Bar and clickers? Your weight kitted up?
    robertaccio likes this.
  18. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Are you running flex bars? If so what do you think of them. Trying to decide between some protaper evo or the fastco flex bars. Cam.
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    fasstco flexx bars
  20. motoracer712 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ 250
    newbie to this sight, ripping a 2018 TX 300 and have a question.

Has any one drilled more holes into their air box to increase air flow to the carb? I have seen several videos online and am happy to drill holes if its beneficial. Curious if any one has tired this simple air box mod. Did you have to rejet? I have the JD kit

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kmZRllXyvY

Thanks