1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TX300 rear deflecting off of rocks

Discussion in '2st' started by Cosmokenney, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm trying to figure out what's causing my bike's rear tire to deflect a lot (meaning it shoots me far off course). I have a GT216X w/tubliss @ 5 - 6 psi on the rear and that tire never deflected like this on my WR300. So I'm guessing it's suspension. Should I be looking at Compression or Rebound? I'm 220lbs without gear, and have a 5.8 spring on the rear, factory clicker settings.

I also have a set of Fastway EVO Airs on the way so I can run them in the low position, which should get my weight a little further back -- which I do on most of my bikes since I'm 6'1" and usually a little cramped in the cockpit.

I'm starting to loose confidence when charging gnarly inclines as I never know when I'm going to get kicked in the wrong direction and go flying off the trail.
  2. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Im assuming so but lets just get this question out of the way, have you set your sag?
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    The dealer helped me set it the day I bought the bike. But I didn't see the measurements. So now that there's some hours on the spring I need to check the measurement myself.
  4. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Set sag again mine changed after break in and turn in or turn counterclockwise your hi speed compression on rear shock 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Might need to add a couple clicks more low speed compression after. Seemed to help mine from kicking back end around as much in rough stuff out back. When I first got mine going over logs the back end was kicking hard now after break in and set up works really good.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  5. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Must have something to do with how light the bike is. This sucker is really light, you can feel it when riding and loading and stuff.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    had the same issue with the 2017 TE250 I am riding. First thing is make sure you have the correct spring rates for your weight. Then if deflecting try less low speed compression damping and more rebound. Try 1-2 clicks at a time as these seem pretty sensitive to adjustments. The less compression will allow the rear so soak up the hits without deflecting and the more rebound will help it not return so quick and kick the rear. Do one at a time and get a feel for it. Start with a few clicks softer compression and see what that gets you. There are many things at play so don't over do and and also remember where you started so you have a reference base point to go back to. It's pretty amazing what you can do with factory clickers these days.
  7. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Thanks guys! I've been so stoked to ride the thing, I haven't wanted to spend any time tweaking. I still need to find the best air pressure for the forks and front/rear clickers. Plus I need to mess with the Lectron to get it tuned. I'll devote this weekend to dialing in.
  8. ride200mi Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Kawasaki KX250F
    My Husky is a 2015. I had to go to a 6.0 spring and I weight the same. When I had the suspension redone, I told them I would be racing enduros but it was sent back to stiff. The bike was all over the place. After the second redo, it works perfect. No wondering when hitting the rock here in AZ.
    hakkalugi and Cosmokenney like this.
  9. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I've got a 5.0kg on it now and made some clicker adjustments. Seems pretty good.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  10. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Do you mean 6.0 spring? Might wanna correct that for posterity :cheers:
  11. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Nope. Pretty sure it's a 5.0kg. I think the TX has a different (linear) linkage than the TE??
  12. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    ... oh, I see. I had 5.8 in the first post. I think I went from 4.8 to 5.0.
  13. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    Sag needs to be checked regularly. Especially on a new bike after break in. I have same bike and it is amazing no issues.
  14. bulto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 cr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico honda
    motosportz, how do you like the te compared to the old cr250/