1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Tx300 hard to find nuetral while bike running

Discussion in '2st' started by tommytwostroke, Jan 21, 2018.

1. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Without a bunch of mindless banter....... Can someone, with same issue, please comment with changes made to make it better, (ie; oil viscoity,etc.)

More than I would like, my 2017 tx300 finds nuetral at the most in opportune times; and won't shift into nuetral when i want it to (while engine is idiling). I find myself hitting the kill button instead, which, at 50 years young, i try to start without pulling in clutch and lurching a couple inches before i remember that i turned off the bike in gear. (Oh ya. Did i mention i love electric start?)

Now dont lie to me....... More than half of us MX/Offroad riders like to find nuetch before we kill our rigs, right!?!
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    hydro clutch: try adjusting the lever out away from the bar a tick more so it dont drag as much. same may or may not help....if its creeping in gear you have an issue ya may wana try bleeding the slave.

ghost neutral: may be an unintentional boot to the pedal. i run my shift pedals high so they are out of the way, my toes don't dip down below the peg when changing gears and i shift by lifting my leg instead of using my ankle. way easier to shift than a low shift pedal when standing on the pegs and i pretty much stand all the time. low shift pedals are for moto/seated shifting and are not well suited for the gnar IMO.

just some thoughts....YMMV!
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    My TX is also near impossible to find neutral while running. But, then again, so has my last 3 huskys. I don't think there is much you can do.
  4. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    No 300 exp yet but i have had many bikes where the trans oil brand and weight made a real difference. Takes some expermenting to find the sweet spot. I know my 200 doesnt like rotella-t. Cam.
    Picklito and JonXX like this.
  5. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    LOL, Rotella T-6 is all I run. Maybe I'll switch over to the Mobil 1 European Formula. Though I found that the M1 doesn't seem to last as long as Rotella T6.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    deleted.
  7. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Its a test. Some of my street bikes shifted best with 20w50 amzoil yet my CBR900RR hated it. My KX500 loved ATF-F and my CRF450 worked nice with Rotella. I use the M1 0W40 Euro in my boat and my SMS630 which shifts nice. Good idea I may have to try it in the 300 and 200 since I always have lots around and its cheap. Cam.
  8. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    My TC250 did this a lot when new with "gear oils" like MTF-R and GearSaver. It got better once I started using 10w40 motorcycle oil and about the 30 hour mark it slips into neutral easily when I want it to, and shifts through neutral to first or second nicely.
  9. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    This ain't the TT forum bud :lol:
    As said find the oil it likes and put some hours on it. To me not being able to find neutral while the bike is running is an advantage...less false neutrals while riding. False neutrals are indicative of an issue either with the operator or the machine. Check your technique, make sure all is adjusted properly and give the machine some break in time.
    My red Huskys don't find neutral well while running and don't find false neutrals either.
    At the end of a ride I turn off the fuel while still in gear, wait a few breaths, then kill the bike and shift into neutral. Pretty much always done it that way. :cheers:
  10. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    My 18 150xcw was REALLY notchy when new. Now that it has 700 miles it has loosened up quite a bit, but it took that long. Neutral was nearly impossible when new with the engine running.