1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Two Factory Mufflers for 06 TC-510

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Aggie*86, May 8, 2009.

1. Aggie*86 Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey everyone. Brand new to Husky after coming off of KTM. Ran across an 06 TC 510 slightly used, and I mean very slightly on ebay and got a great deal. :cheers: When I picked it up from the previous owner ( he kept the bike in his house vice garage :notworthy:) it had what appears to be a factory open competition muffler installed AND an extra factory muffler that is Forrest Service approved, spark arestor. My question is, were all TC 510's delivered with two mufflers from the dealer or did I luck out and get an "extra"? Also, any significant differences to jetting if I switch and and put the forrest service approved muffler on the machine?
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Aggie, congrats on the new purchase. Some '06's were delivered with the two mufflers you have, but not all. So, you lucked out. My 450 only came with the open comp muffler. I just picked up an extra spark arrestor type and will be using that this weekend. I will post up if it needs jetting changes vs the open one.
  3. Aggie*86 Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks, the info is much appreciated!
  4. mikenpalsie Husqvarna
    AA Class

aggie*86, i have an 06 te 450, it came with an open muffler, but found out a year later, from my dealer, that it was to come with a spark arrester type muffler, so they sent me one free of charge. but i was not aware that the tc models came with 2 muffler cans.
  5. Aggie*86 Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the info. Waiting now for a report back on how the spark arrestor type may affect jetting.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I've jetted TE250, 450, 510, SM510s... Leo Vince, Arrow with and without spark arrestor. Not a whole lot of difference in jetting needed in my humble opinion.

Of course they do need to be tuned up for the environment, riding style, etc. The AP leak jet is the biggest issue - on/off/on/off the throttle needs a smaller leak jet than the occasional blip of the throttle. Assuming you want good throttle response when the throttle is opened quickly and not load up with too much fuel.
  7. Aggie*86 Husqvarna
    B Class

Coffee, thats good scoop. I always make changes one at a time so if I dont like it, I know how to get back where I started easily. I added a JD kit with the "basic" installation as recommended by JD. I havent had it out for a spin yet. As soon as I'm happy with the carb settings I'll switch ove th the spark arrestor muffler. In the past on other bilkes the "basic" JD setup has worked perfectly fine for my riding environment and style.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    While you have the carb apart be sure to note the jet sizes - pilot, main, leak, AP arm distance, etc.

AP arm distance, some call it 'timing' for some reason. It determines a lot of things regarding the AP.

[IMG]

Here is a pic of the "AP O-ring mod" - a little o-ring on the linkage.

[IMG]