Tutoro

Discussion in 'TR650' started by stego, Mar 4, 2015.

1. stego Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Hi,
    did anybody tried Tutoro Auto Chain Oiler (here)? What is your opinion? What set do you suggest? I like this idea, because you don,t need to touch engine like with scottoiler and it's much cheaper.
  2. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    I don't have experience with the Auto oiler you have linked to. But I did have their manual oiler installed on my previous 2 bikes and I moved it over to the Terra as I was well pleased with it.
    Been using Stihl chain saw oil for years as it works great and figured it would work even better on a Husqvarna :D
  3. the_hunter Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra -13 (sold)
    I have changed from Loobman to a Tutoro chainoiler. Driving with it in a hundred kilometers and I think it works well. Simple to install and easy to adjust the amount of oil. With loobman it easily became a bit too much oil, but is an affordable product.

I have installed the Tutoro so that the oil comes on the engine sprocket so I do not have the hose all the way to the rear sprocket.

Image00001.jpg
    Mark_H, stego and engineerk9 like this.
  4. stego Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Thanks for replies and photo. Can you post more pictures of installation? Are you using simple or twin nozzle? Dripping it before or after sprocket? I was thinking about putting oiler at inside part of rear peg or at motech crash bars, but I like your idea too. And even more I like idea of using engine sprocket. Good to know it works...Now I need to decide what pack I should order...
  5. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Interesting, intriguing how it works?
    I've used Scottoilers on all my chain drive bike since 1999 with great success
    I feed the oil onto the chain either against the gearbox sprocket or immediately behind the sprocket onto the lower chain run
    On my Terra I made a tubular tank that attaches to the right hand exhaust bracket (I have a single sided GPR) - carries sufficient "chain-bar" oil for 5,000 klms
    When I get to my tablet, I'll post a photo
  6. the_hunter Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra -13 (sold)
    Here are some more pictures of my installation.

A weight in the upper part of container moves when it vibrates and when you drive, which keeps the valve open, when the motorcycle is stationary the valve closes. You adjusting the amount of oil on the screw located after the valve.

In long term, I would perhaps like to replace plastic tubing to copper tubes firmly mounted in the housing around the front sprocket.

I bought the deluxe package, but with this assembly, most of the parts that were included in addition to the actual container is unused. Would have been better for me to pay for less accessories. But it is difficult to know where you want to mount it and what parts are needed before one can test on the bike.

Image00003.jpg
    Image00004.jpg Image00007.jpg
    Jon Knutson, stego and engineerk9 like this.
  7. stego Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Thank you for pictures. Now I have an idea, how to do it :)
  8. stego Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    How much open let you your tutoro?
  9. stego Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    My way of installation. Thank you for inspiration and I hope it'll work.

Attached Files:

10. Pauli53 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    What kind of oil do you use this TUTORO ?
  11. Jesper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VT250 Spada
    How is it operated? With a vacuum tube like the scottoiler?
  12. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    The manual oiler by gravity feed. The auto oiler by gravity and vibrations. It is a fully self-operating system, needs no integration with anything else on the bike.
  13. the_hunter Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra -13 (sold)
    Looks good stego :applause:

I think i have the valve open one and a half turn, or maybe less than that. Now i use the tutoro oil that came with the oiler. When i am out of that oil i probably use regular motor oil.
    stego likes this.
  14. stego Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    I had just one small ride at Sunday. I had it at one and half but chain was dry so I changed it to 2 turns and I get chain really wet. It was only 5 Celsius outside so maybe 1.5 or less will be OK during summer.
    I have also original Tutoro oil, but from what I read motor oil or oil for chainsaws is OK.
    Masterpotter likes this.
  15. stego Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Now I set it to 1 turn, because after longer ride Tutoro is becoming warm from engine and I had oil even on rear tyre. Maybe that position of tutoro isn't the best one.
  16. the_hunter Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra -13 (sold)
    I have not had that problem. adjust until it comes as little as needed. It's just so that the chain is a little bit oily. If it became too much, you can safely turn it off for a while to avoid getting oil all over the rear of the bike.
  17. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Husqvarna chain saw oil would be better
  18. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III

For sure! I just installed the Tutoro too and I am still contemplating on what the best delivery method is on the CS. Now I have the tube just hanging just above the chain right in front of the CS, I've seen other people (on other bikes) pull this off so we shall see if it also works well on the TR. I dislike placing the nozzle on the sprocket itself due to the fact that when you reverse on the bike the nozzle can be moved or ripped off between the CS and the chain.
    IMG_3405.JPG
  19. GrumpyShamurai Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    76 XL350 - 74 XL125 - 07 FZ1
    This is all i saw when i read the title haha. I think i will be picking one of these up! love the idea.

[IMG]
  20. stego Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Once I found right amount of oil it is working like charm. I didn't take care of chain at all for cca 25000km and now I'm thinking about changing it. I'm using 80w90H gearbox oil as is suggested at tutoro page.