1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Tubeless Tire Valve Stem Question

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by herkko, Sep 6, 2021.

1. herkko Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
    Hi all, so I’m in the process of making my stock smr wheels into tubeless ones, and I have a question about the valve stems: Could I just cut the valve stem from the old tire tube that was used? Or should I buy two new valve stems (front and rear), and if so, what size or brand. I’ve measured the valve stem hole to be .375 inches. Oh and, if it’s a good idea to cut out the valve stems from the tubes, I’ll use the same sealant that I used to make the rims tubeless to seal it so it won’t leak.

Attached Files:

2. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    I just did a tubeless conversion on my bike and thought about using the valve stem from the tube. Ended up buying two new valve stems. Picked up a set of 83 degree valve stems from Amazon.
  3. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.
    What method are you using to do the tubeless conversion? I helped my buddy do this on his Africa Twin using 3M tape of some sort, we used some aluminum valve stems like these. Just search "aluminum valve stems motorcycle" on your browser to find all different styles and colors.

[IMG]
  4. herkko Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
    I ended up using the valve stem from my tube - worked perfectly. I used 3m 5200 aquamarine sealant and 3m sealant tape to do the tubeless conversion.
    tntmo likes this.