1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Trouble getting a TXC running

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by johansen, Feb 15, 2022.

1. johansen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Honda Hornet 919
    Hey Guys,

I bought a non-running 2013 TXC 310 and have gone through, cleaned and bench tested everything I can. The only issues I found were:

Since getting it back together I was able to start it on the 5th kick, first 4 probably pressurized the fuel injection, but it only ran for 2-3 seconds while pumping the throttle. Since then I have not been able to get it running.

Spark is good, fuel pressure is good (brand new super unleaded) and compression and rotation are there. The only way I can get it to fire is with the throttle cracked open which then floods the engine after 3-4 kicks.

Looking for ideas on what might be the problem??? Open to it being me!

What's the start sequence in my case?
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Had it connected to software.? Not sure how Keihin injection models are timed but Mikunis had a Throttle Position Sensor value.
  3. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Did you check the flywheel key?
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Cracked manifold or air leak of some sort?
  5. johansen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Honda Hornet 919
    I do have a TPS, I did pull it off when I cleaned the Throttle body and didn't mark the position. So, I think that's my issue?
  6. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2X TE310R 13' - WR300 10'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF 300 Factory CHracing
    That can be but she should run, bad but she should run.
    Try to undo the TPS allen screw and to rotate it fully CCW (more fat setting possible) and see if she tries to run a little more. Besides that I think your problem is somewhere else
  7. johansen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Honda Hornet 919
    I think you're right. I have set the TPS to .68V and it will fire now and not flood the engine but it acts like the timing is off as it will backfire and not run... I am now waiting on a flywheel puller so I can check the key as suggested. Hoping this is it!
  8. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    If you get it to start. Keep enough gas to get it to idle. Then adjust the TPS manually until it runs without you keeping gas. Keep adjusting til the idle is as high as it can. There you will have the TPS set as close as can be without instrument. I had to do it like that on mine. With the manufacturers specs it did not run properly.
  9. johansen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Honda Hornet 919
    UPDATE!!!
    I got the bike running!... Flywheel key was good, I set the TPS to .68v, I removed the starter completely and installed a block-off plate. Next I redid the timing, I think I may have been off by a tooth first time around. Once I put everything back together the bike started on the very first kick with fast idle on. I let it warm up for ~30 seconds then pushed the fast idle back in, it died like pushing a kill switch and would not restart after many, many attempts. A few days I attempted again and it started on the second kick, I let it warm up and when I thought it was warm pushed in the fast idle. Again, it died and again it will not restart. It does pop and back fire and occasionally fire once when kicking. I went ahead and pulled the flywheel again to confirm that the key was not sheared.

What do you recommend I check next???
  10. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think its still the tps. My TE did not ran well with factory settings. I adjusted it manually and since then it runs great. Got the tip of adjusting it by ear from a Honda forum if I dont remember completely wrong.
  11. johansen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Honda Hornet 919
    Sounds good Soderberg, next time I get it running I'll try to adjust it.
  12. johansen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Honda Hornet 919
    Update: Everything seems to be working now, but needs a little fine tuning. I had it out for the first ride Wednesday and was very, very happy with the power, suspension, braking and balance of the bike!...
    Now to dial in that TPS setting, it's idling a little low without the cold start.

After all my toils, I think the biggest issue was ME! These bikes flood very easily and I learned that if you hold the throttle wide open it does not spray and will clear the flood after 3-4 kicks. Once started, I learned not even touch the throttle for atleast 30 seconds.
  13. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles: