Trials Tires for Trials bike (trials soft gummy type) What Ones?

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by robertaccio, Dec 14, 2016.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    What do you guys have on your bikes?
    I did not research before installing a standard Dunlop D803 in the front and a Pirelli MT 43 on the rear.
    Both are standard rubber compound tires and now I find out the the Mt 43 was designed as one these newfangled hybrid tires.

Just rode with Andy his Montesa came with D803FGP and D803GP tires, these are the real deal super gummy compound trials tires.
    So I've been hunting these 803GP model tires along with my sponsor shop...seems they are unavailable?
    You guys using others? Michelin or budget brands? I just want to go full GUMMY for my antique Beta Zero 260 Jordi Tarres model!! Budget brand is OK as long as they are bubble gum compound and stick like glue.
  2. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Michelins are supposed to be competition soft compound tires. There super expensive too.
  3. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    we all seem to love the GTs they make trails tires somebuddt give'em a whirl
  4. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    On my gasgas trials I use a shinko 545 trials tire.
    I'm pretty sure the michelin X lite is better but for a non competition rider like me the shinko is brilliant. I only use the trials bike for training.
    The michelin is $200 AUD here compared to the shinko $125!!!
    The Shinko is also super soft and I took the punt after ordering a 505 cheater for Beta. The 545 is slightly softer rubber again compared to the 505 cheater and as far as I can tell close to the michelin rubber.
    Only thing is that the sidewall feels a bit stiffer than the Michelin but I can run slightly less psi to compensate for that.
    I only just fitted it and took it for a ride, pretty good so far!
    lankydoug and robertaccio like this.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    IRC actually makes some seriously gummy competition trials tires, the TR11 in both tube and tubeless design. I and many other local riders used to use them as good alternatives to the expensive Michelins back in the late 80s. They aren't so cheap anymore, so probably the Dunlop would be around the same price.
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. freejack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WB165, 95 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 wr200, 88tzr250, & Beta evo300, B
    I use Michelin competition x11's on the Beta, yes there $200 NZ a shot here but well worth it, I would get 18 mths out of a set, you notice it when you hit the slippery rock faces, we have a continuous rock face near where I live called The Rock Garden , its around 1/2 a km of 2-3 meter high rock faces that I can go up on the beta in 4th gear without dabbing mainly because of the sticky tyres, I've also got a Vee Rubber trials tyre on the rear of the husky - nowhere as good as the Michelin but not bad for the money. Just remember to let some air out, I run between 6-8 psi depending on terrain.
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    happy days I finally ran into the trials group, they had large group yesterday about 10 guys out at our local zone, and by coincidence my friend just gifted me a slightly used Michelin X11 which is gummy like the Dunlop 803GP... so I will burn through the Pirelli then install the Michelin for that nice gummy feeling! yesterday I ran 5psi rear in the (hard) Pirelli with 6 up front.
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I used a cheap Vee Rubber trials tire that was pretty soft and gummy. I lasted a long time which is a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. It's not as good as the high dollar Michelin so if you want the best performance you hope the Vee Rubber will hurry up and wear out so you can buy the X11
    robertaccio likes this.