Trials Bike thread.

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by robertaccio, May 1, 2015.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I had to start it......
    before the end of this weekend I will have a 1992 Beta Zero Trials bike in my garage.
    Yes she needs TLC but what 20+ year old bike doesn't. As is with me, I will do a really good tear down and clean up before getting to ride her. Got me another Italian bike hahahaa. I love the trick Verlicchi Alloy chassis of these beginning of the alloy frame years. This model year is the Purple with Yellow lettering on a tan painted frame....a little weird (tan painted frame) but I will stick with OEM as much as possible.

info desired, only factory spec stuff which is hard to find, mix ratio, what 2T oil? (again I'm not looking for anything more than what the Beta factory specified.).
    I found parts fiche but there are no user manuals to found out on the intertube.
    lankydoug likes this.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Congrats on the trials bike RT. Tons of fun ahead for you. If you haven't yet, give these guys a call. Super good resource for trials info.

http://www.lewisportusa.com/
    Norman Foley likes this.
  3. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    Congrats. I bought a 2003 Beta Rev 250 a few years back and thought I had a job getting it rebuilt, but you're going waaaaaaay back! Mine actually needed a good bit of work as well and I had to go to Europe for a bunch of parts, but I got it for a reasonable price. Actually all parts were available here but actually less expensive to get from Europe at the time. Quite a bit less actually. I needed an engine side case and a bunch of stuff.

I was able to trace the bike's history back through Lewisportusa, who as Colo Moto says was very helpful and knew the original owner of the bike. He apparently didn't like the power of it and put 2 flywheel weights on it to tame it down. They are still on there. Scott Armstrong from Moto Connection in VT was also most helpful, but has since moved on from trials to importing AJPs.

Anyway good luck with the bike. Mine has been like a rock since I rebuilt it. The things sits all winter and it takes 1-2 kicks to get her to fire up.

Oh yes deliver some pics!
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    a trials page might be kool who all has one?
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Im on the hunt for a trails sidecar outfit rode as a passenger on a gasgas txt321 was astounded at the grunt of that beast.
    Your going to be grinning ear to ear when shes up and going.
    johnnyboy likes this.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Went there, awesome people! :cheers:

I'm going to move this to the non-Husqvarna bike area. Yes I understand that Beta is an Italian bike, but not a Husqvarna.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1743.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    She is home now, already beagn teardown/stripdown, needs some serious TLC, bearings, bushings, clamps, hardware, red rtv on gasket surfaces....etc etc etc
    T.Read, water racer, Tinken and 6 others like this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    and yes that is an alligator lizard on the seat!! minus tail
  9. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    oh yea and one of the fork legs is split longitudinally in 2 places in the upper Alloy section, looks like a extrusion flaw along the metal grain. They are 2 perfect line cracks, one runs almost the entire length the other is a few inches long. I got sources already for another set of forks, should be able to build one good set from 2.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    On one hand I think it is cool on the other it almost makes me throw up :D Have fun with that buddy.
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS these left the Beta factory with a purple plastic silencer ( I had a Gray plastic Acerbis silencer on my early nineties KTM300EXC)

I just trying to be more like Kelly and rescuing old unwanted weird bikes......
    454x, Motosportz and julia deck like this.
  13. julia deck Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    just one 66 husky rider
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    hmmmm looks like lewisport has motoz mountain hybrid in stock think maybe the trials guys like those:excuseme: dang im on ol boobs account oh well
  14. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    03' Ducati MTS 1000, 12' Ducati 848
    Congrats on the new/old bike and welcome to the trials club!
    robertaccio likes this.
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Most trials bikes are best run 80:1 to 100:1 with a full synthetic mix oil. I really liked my Beta and plan to get another one someday, this time one in the under 5 year old range. I got an older one to see if I'd ride it enough to justify getting a newer one and the answer is yes. When you feel like riding around without hauling your bike to far away riding areas and suiting up in all your body armor they are perfect and will give you a work out on a postage stamp sized lot with a log and a rock.
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    03' Ducati MTS 1000, 12' Ducati 848
    Looks like you have a back yard. When are you holding a backyard trials session? :thinking:
    robertaccio likes this.
  17. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    at least the kicker and chain are on the correct sides...that frame is way cool
  18. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    it would be must bitchin polished or anodized
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Found some OEM data the 260cc range from that period calls out 70:1 synth 2T oil, 800cc of gearbox oil.
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    that period Verlicchi frame is badass, I pulled the subframe and have a bunch of stuff off it already, need to drop the forks and triples (the steering head bearings are way shot, feels like a shock clicker!, the swingarm bushings/bearings(?) are also wobbling around big time. I have a line on another pair of used OEM Paioli forks, and will have local Mike Crow (Race Tech guru) do a build up, those forks using the four to get 2 good ones, they are 2 function forks Left does different than the right book says 300cc in the left and 280cc in the right, I did find data on those as well---the rider weight range listed is 3 ranges Im about 50 lbs over the max listed range--hahahahaaa. The stock springs will have to do!! but for sure the 3 oil choices being 5w 10 w and 15 w for the forks---I guess we can use 20W or more !! for my tank arse!!