Trail Tech X2 install

Discussion in '610/630' started by MajorD, Mar 27, 2009.

1. MajorD Husqvarna
    B Class

I am getting ready to install my Trail Tech X2 (Halo) on 08' 610. I have a few basic questions for anyone running this set up on thier 610. I don't have much access to shop supplys and tools so I have to keep my modifications as simple as possible. I did a search and didn't quite find what I was looking for so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

How did you mount to the fender support? I'm looking for some options to consider. I was "thinking" of making a small aluminum plate that is bent on the ends to match the outer fender support angles. Mount that to the fender support to create a flat mounting surface. Then mount the X2 mounting plate to the fabricated aluminum plate.

What about the horn? Does it need to be relocated? It appears to be very cramped where the X2 will be located. Will the rubber mounting straps reach the forks without any modifications? Seems like it might be a stretch. (No pun intended:D)

THANK YOU!
    Dave
  2. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    Hi Dave,

For mounting on the front fender. I just took off that black plastic thing on the top of the fender on my 08 610. After doing that, I was that able to use the tabs that come with the mounting kit that connect to the bottom. It sits flush on the fender.

I have the HID X2 and it fits ok. I did bend the horn back to get a better fix.

Rick
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Exactly what I did. :thumbsup: I'm not running the SM front fender and had to fab a little bracket to get mine exactly how i wanted.
  4. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    So Kelly, how well does this fit on the 08 SM610 with SM fender? I am looking at the new and restocked goodies you have and wondering about another order....Ehum....
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It fits very good. You can just use the supplied pins to install it. Several ways to make it work. It is an awesome light.

- Understand it is not DOT though and running the 4" at night with oncoming traffic will make people mad :D The 2" works well and is, by it self, way better than the stock light. Just a FYI.

BTW, you are a great customer, thanks. :thumbsup:

[IMG]
  6. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    ????

Do you still have them in black only? And with the graphics? I may need to get a couple of the Halos for both bikes. BTW, the only oncoming traffic to worry about would be a LEO. :busted: Every one else just has to squint their eyes. :eek: :lol: Ok, Now I need to wait till my create gets here so I can unpack, put together the new baby get her broke in, buy a new helmet and leather jacket, count my change and put in an order.
    And, thanks for the compliment. Order my be big so I really have to count my $$ to make sure its all in there. :thumbsup:
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I can get you any color, just ask. thanks bro.