TR650 luggage options

Discussion in 'TR650' started by nev.., Jan 23, 2013.

1. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I know there are a few bits and pieces in other threads about accessories but I thought I'd start a thread here where people can post any info on luggage for the Terra. One of the more difficult parts of buying a brand new bike is that there can be little luggage choices available for it.

I have soft panniers (Australian made Andy Strapz brand canvas Expedition panniers,) which I have used on previous bikes and I intend to use on my Terra. But they need some sort of a frame to keep them in place. On other bikes I've bought a hard pannier frame from Hepco Becker or Givi and then just used that to strap the soft panniers to.

I note that in the 2013 Hepco Becker catalogue (currently only appears to be available on the net in German language) the TR650 pannier racks have a part number and a price in Euros. An email to the Aussie distributor reveals they know about as much as I do at this stage.

I'm sure there will be a few different commercially available racks within a reasonable time, and maybe as people find them they can note them as another option here. Also, anyone who build their own might post pics here too, and share their ideas.
  2. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Look at www.bigdogadventures.com to see what Mark Sampson did for his Wolfman luggage. Another member and I will be doing something similar in a few weeks; making our own Wolfman racks. They will eventually be available, but for now we are on our own. The Wolfman E-10 Enduro bags are a bit small, but fit the bike perfectly, and you can always strap on a good duffel.
  3. adara Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLX250
    Just noticed that the German Touratech site is now listing the Zega Pro cases as accessories for the Terra. I'm assuming the other Touratech sites will follow suit shortly. I'm going to the yearly big MC exhibition here in Sweden tomorrow. Rumour has it, the Terra will be present (which will be first live-contact for me, yay=) and since Touratech always has quite a large booth with a few farkeled-up motorcycles, I'm hoping to see the Zega cases on it as well.

Oh, and hi all. First post for me. Have been lurking for a few months since I'm strongly considering buying a Terra (or Strada, jury is still out) come spring!
    Lekolite and Terra Tom like this.
  4. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda
    I have ordered the factory hard bags as they look to be Givi Trekker rebadged units. I have a set on another bike and really like them.
  5. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Pics...pics...pics...the both of you
  6. Tel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GSA
    Would like to see pics of the factory option pannier/side case frames please.
    Trapperj likes this.
  7. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mine are still on back order but if you look at the Givi trecker bags and the teaser photo's of the factory bags they look alike
  8. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I was hoping to get the factory pannier frames and then just use them with my soft luggage. Not really keen on buying more hard luggage. I get the feeling from the way Husqvarna are wording their descriptions of the luggage that buying the frames only is not an option. They seem to describe them as cases with included frames. I guess I'll have to wait and see. The hard luggage isn't available in Australia yet.
  9. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Soft luggage is the way to go. The more folks ask for it from Dirt Bagz and Wolfman, the faster we'll get it.
  10. Pepe Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 BMW 1200GS
    +1. That's exactly what I want to do.
  11. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looking at the photo's it seems that the rack is replaced with the pannier mounts. If that is the case I'll try and add tubing on to form a larger rear platform to tie gear on......I was told the accessories are out until may.......but they were waiting for a update form husky
  12. Leo Fisher Cafe Husky - Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Honda and Norton
    I've got a few photos up on my website showing the First Gear 'Laguna' tank and tail bag mounted on my Terra. I haven't had time to test yet but will do so in short order. See them at:
    http://www.nutznbolts.com/luggage.htm
  13. Mootak Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Giant Loop guys stopped by the other day for some fitting time. The new Siskiyou Panniers fit really nice on the 650's

Later,
    Jeff Tasky

[IMG]
  14. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    The factory hard bags are from Givi. The top have a hinge system that is very functional as I had a bag on Versys 1000 last year. If you go to the Givi.it site and see the new aluminum Trekker bag, that's what I'm jonesin for.
    image.jpg

Cheers
    LandofMotards likes this.
  15. macntatsch Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 500 EXC, '07 FJR1300
    Has anyone checked with Caribou to know if they are/will develop a TR650 pelican case setup?
  16. dangslow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra and a TE310
    When I saw the pic of the Giant Loop Siskiyou bags I thought those might be the way to go. Checked their website........$649. They might be good, but they're not THAT good.
    macntatsch likes this.
  17. Wolftrax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR 650, Yamaha XT1200Z
    I'm going to do the Giant Loop Great Basin. Had it on my Tenere and absolutely loved it. On and off in less than a minute.
  18. RockinRod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    79 GS850G, 99VFR800Fi , 04ST1300A
    Hi All,
    About to be new owner , I'm picking up my Terra today, yesterday I talked to Givi, stateside, I'm in Eastern,N.C.
    and the very nice man from Givi told me the set up was not available as an"aftermarket" item only through Huaqvarna...knowing all of that is sort of up in the air who knows when it will be available. My plan is to adapt a "plate" to the rear carries and acquire the Givi accessory mnt plate E250 about $75.USD and run one of the Trekker bags out back and some sort of small tank bag...and a few other farkles as I go....
    Rod
    Lekolite likes this.
  19. blaine.hale Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 BMW r75, 1974 BMW R90, Bultaco
  20. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650