TR650 ECU RECALL WITH THE ERUPTION MOD?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Vanders, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Vanders Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph tiger 955i
    Hi all,
    Hopefully somone can help me out here, I did the Eruption mod on my TR650 which solved 99% of the stalling issue.
    Now with the recall and reprogramming of the ecu Im assuming I will have to buy a replacement IAT to take it back to stock?
    I cannot find the IAT selling anywhere I have searched ebay and a heap of bmw sites.
    My questions are:
    Do I need to replace the IAT back to stock to suit the reprogrammed ecu from the recall?
    Where can I buy the replacement IAT from?

Thanks in advance
  2. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    i would go back to stock. The ECU update seems to work quite well if the adaption reset is done properly. You won't need the eruption mod after the reset but at least the reset should be doe without the eruption mod.

Husqvarna part number is 1739510
    BMW part number is 13621739510

http://www.huskymoto.co.uk/husqvarna_part_number_lookup?partdes=1739510

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0.Xbmw 1739510.TRS1&_nkw=bmw 1739510&_sacat=0

http://shop.italhusky.com/en/products/2012/nuda-900-900r/air-box-128
  3. Vanders Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph tiger 955i
    Hi CarstenB,
    Thanks very much for the info and providing the links.
    Greatly appreciated!
  4. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Air Intake Sensor
    BMW Part No 13 62 1 739 510 Air Temperature Sensor
    It is used on many BMW E36/38/39/46 series cars and other bike models. It should be available from the car Dealers
    An Alternative is - Airtex 5S1006,
  5. run-it Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 Guzzi V11
    Just echoing what's been said ...
    AIT is Husky part number 1739510, cost as of a couple months ago at my local Husky dealer is $18.39.
    There are after market ones available around the net but don't bother - they're generally more $ anyway.
  6. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    Anyone else having issues with the ECU recall flash? I was running a booster plug with no dramas. Let the dealer send off the ECU for the recall flash, and now I regret it! Bike has never run worse. Doesn't want to start, and when it does, it dies 1-2x before lighting and holding. Then it idles high and inconsistent. Even died on me in a hard corner off road once. What the F*** did they do to it? I have nearly 2k on it since the recall, as right after I picked it up I did a 750k ride one day. Very unhappy and looking for recommendations. My dealer is shit and totally untrustworthy, so they aren't an answer. Even sabotaged my bike (tightened chain beyond belief), and ripped my auxiliary charging line out of its fused link. Obvious malicious behaviour because I wouldn't let them do an expensive BS service on it when I took it in for recall.
  7. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    My Strada has gotten worse each reflash. Should have left it stock. I will be trying the eruption on the Strada to fix the bogging on acceleration at 3,500 rpm.

It don't start worth a crap since the first update, and even worse after the recall update.

My Terra started well when I bought it, but stalled alot. Got the first update and the stalling stopped, but starting was horrid since. I tried holding my hand over the pipe and it started quicker that time. I have a single pipe on my Terra, and it does not bog.
  8. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Failure to reset and rebuild adaptions can cause the problems you are experiencing, the Dealer problems, let Husqvarna know

Anyone who has problems following the recall should report the problems to both the safety authority who issued the recall notice in their country and to Husqvarna, otherwise they will assume all problems have been resolved, the recall notice would be quoted in the report

Re the NHTSA Recall on the TR650 the Recall No is 16V124, as of 19/7/17 only 104 of 1015 machines had been updated

Link to the report on progress to NHTSA is https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2016/RCLQRT-16V124-1496.PDF
  9. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    Know a way of contacting them other than writing to the postal address they list? We have no distributor in Australia any longer, or if we do, the dealer refuses to divulge who they are. Old one was stripped of it, which is why none of us have been contacted about the recall. He refused to turn any records over. Australia... land of F*** the customer.
  10. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    I reported the whole mess to the Aussie government's safety recall website.
  11. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    AzOzRider, Good to hear you reported the recall update problems to DOTARS/ACCC

The Australian Husqvarna importer was changed from PFG to AHG when Pierrer Industrie bought Husqvarna from BMW back in 2013. AHG is also the KTM Importer, they formed a new wholly owned subsidiary to handle Husqvarna. AHG is a publically listed Co, the PR release from 2013 is here

DOTARS in Canberra has been in contact with AHG re the recall from square one, AHG are who agreed to the voluntary recall in Oz and handling the update
  12. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    Thanks. I'll track down some contact information for AHG and have a chat. The whole BS of not sending us notification because PFG was pissed is a bunch of crap. TMR has rego records of the VIN's, so that is no excuse. We all know KTM is thumbing their nose at us and wants all these TR's off the road. We all know they only bought the brand do kill the bike because it competes so brilliantly with their massively overpriced, unreliable, impossible to maintain prima donna machines. Ever seen a KTM do a RTW? Nope, and never gonna happen because everyone who has attempted ends up just praying they can make it from one dealer to the next. I personally feel the ECU recall has been used to sabotage these bikes.
  13. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Pierrer had already purchased the offshoot from Husqvarna (Husaberg) and wanted to unite the two, he then broke Husqvarna AG up, sold the factory in Italy to SWM and the Husqvarna brand into a re organised KTM Group company structure to manufacture new models with KTM technology. He plays hardball with some saying too hard. BMW refused to cooperate in the firmware update and that is stated clearly in the NHTSA documentation on the recall. There is a complete lack of trust between KTM AG and BMW AG with concerns over BMW intellectual property getting into KTM hands. All in all a corporate power play at the owner's expense
    glitch_oz likes this.
  14. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    Yeah, pretty typical. Customer is the least of any of their worries. We are simply their money tree, to shake at will in whatever manner suits them. KTM is simply riding on a name that once meant something. Now it just represents pure corporate greed with low quality and no reliability. Couldn't give me a modern KTM... particularly a road bike.