TR650 ECU recall very likely to be worldwide

Discussion in 'TR650' started by wferrari, May 22, 2017.

1. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Just received a notification from the Italian Husqvarna informing me about the ECU firmware update. At this point I believe that the recall will be also effective in those countries where no official complaint was filed, like in Italy.

I went to the local Husqvarna dealer with the letter, which is actually about 2 kilometers from where I live, and they were completely clueless about it. Left my cell number and they'll let me know.

letter husqvarna.jpg
    nev.. likes this.
  2. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    In any case, once a recall has been issued in one EU country, dealers in the other member states will have a very hard time refusing if you ask for it.
  3. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    Hi weferrai can you upload a higher res copy of your letter please?, it cant be read.

Cheers
  4. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada

You speak/ read Italian? :eek:
  5. MadDogTR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, many.

I can read it just fine. Wait, let me re-phrase that. I can see the letters on the page just fine. There is no issue with the resolution, just the language.
  6. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Here it is:

Attached Files:

7. ayrton63 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 EXC-F
    Hello everybody,
    Yesterday i received a letter from KTM to contact with them about the recall of the ECU...they say that they have to mange to send the ECU to Magnelli Marrelli to reprogramm it.
    I acn upload it tommorow....if anyone can read Greek!!!
  8. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    I finally managed to get the bike back. It took me almost two months, but that's because the only authorized Husqvarna service center in the whole city of Rome is the worst I've ever met in the sector. I basically lost three weeks waiting for them to accept my bike, then I moved on and went to the service center in Carsoli, in the middle of Italy's central Alps. Day and night difference. They are friendly, professional, and are also provide official support for enduro racing.

On the way back to Rome I made a nice detour in the mountains to test the bike. I went to up to 1500mt (Campo Felice) in altitude then down to 300mt than up to 1200mt (Guadagnolo). My first impression was not very positive. The stable idle was very nice, but I immediately found the bike lacking between 3500 and 5000rpm, and there was a very strong engine brake. After the first descent things got quickly better and on the rise to Guadagnolo the engine run very smooth, to the point that I never felt the need to change from third gear. I also got used to the engine brake, which I actually used for good fun in the descent to Rome. I have to say that I like the way the bike run now, very responsive (but not On/Off) and with flat torque. I also cannot hear any lean pops. I don't think I will use my EJK or the temperature spoofer anymore, unless something changes with the ECU adaptation. I think the bike has improved not only in resolving the issue, but also in the overall performance.
    ecn226, kiwiape and glitch_oz like this.