TN Riders?

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by CCP, Nov 9, 2018.

1. CCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 WR250 11 WR250
    Im thinking of moving out of NJ to the Knoxville area. Are there any good riding areas around there? other than the public OHV's ?

You can PM me with any info - thanks
  2. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Coal Creek/Windrock (Oak Ridge TN) just West of Knoxville. Tons of trails for quads and bikes. Find some locals and they can show you hundreds of miles of killer single track. Some of the ST looks like Erzburg so be careful not to to get in over your head... :thumbsup:
  3. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey CCP, I also forgot to mention - - - 'RedBird' in the Daniel Boone National Forest. 60-70 miles of trails, mostly a big loop. Its about 1/2 quad size trail and 1/2 single track. Half way round the loop is gas stop (the only one!). Its a fun ride and if you can do the whole loop, you're better than most. There are lots of ride reports over on the KTMTalk site (down in the regional forum).

Jump on I-75 and head North from Knoxville about an 1.5 hours to the London Kentucky exit off 75. Head East on 'Daniel Boone Parkway' to the town of Manchester. Go past Manchester east another 10 miles and you'll see signs for the 'RedBird' trail head and the forest rangers office. If you can get to this gas station/market, they will sell you a day pass. The trail head is about 3 miles down road 66 from the market.

RedBird - Market
    15850 S. Highway 421
    London KY 40914