1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Ti pegs on 83 XC

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by mattskn, Dec 25, 2008.

1. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

Since I bought the bike a couple of weeks ago I have been asking around about peg upgrades with no luck other than some really over priced after market pieces..So here is what I did cut the excisting peg mounts off and took some pegs from my 05 YZ with a broke frame long story oak tree and high speeds anyway made some mounts out of 1/4 plate and welded them to the frame..One of the nice parts is I lowered the location of the peg to 23.5 inches seat to peg high same as YZ so that should make a little more room for me, im 6'3" so the more the better..Im also working on raking the frame to 28 deg, I will post on that later as I get to it..Need to get all of the welding done so I can have it powder coated..

Attached Files:

2. flyarmy Husqvarna
    B Class

Excellent story. I wish I had all those fabrication tools. I am at the mercy of others when it comes to welding and fabricating. The foot pegs should work great and I am really intersested in the frame raking and how it works. There is a guy up here in the Northwest, by the name of Scoot, that has done this to a 250 and 500 and he swears by it. Keep in touch. Mike
  3. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

That is the guy who let me know about from a post on TT it sound like the way to go..
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Same "Scoot" that runs starvation ridge and eddieville??? i think it is as i saw several vintage huskys at Eddieville a short while back.
  5. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I would like to rake the frame on one of my 82's. The frame data I have says 30.5 degrees up through 83, and 28.5 degrees in '84. Does that info jive with what you guys have?
  6. flyarmy Husqvarna
    B Class

Yes, I believe he is part of the NW VDR racing club and I am sure he has been to starvation ridge. I have been out of VDR racing for about three years so I have lost touch with a lot of guys. Heck a lot of guys switch brands also. I was into maico's the last time I raced and sold the whole lot. Now it is time for a change so Husky is the next logical step.

Mike
  7. flyarmy Husqvarna
    B Class

That is the same information I have on the rake of the 82/83 frames. Scoot said he runs his at 28 degrees and said he gets very little head shake. I am sure 28.5 degrees would work fine and turn much better than 30.5.

Mike
  8. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

Im going to go with 28 to
  9. flyarmy Husqvarna
    B Class

Sounds great. Please let us know how hard it is to modify.
  10. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I'd be willing to pay someone to rake my frame...