Thwarted...by a brake lever!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Flynn, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Hiya fellas, just replacing a brake lever, I am missing the piece that goes in between the master cylinder and lever:
    DSCF0350[1].JPG

It's the exact same as the old one:

DSCF0349[1].JPG

I have checked the parts fiche and the only item I can see that might be it is listed as "inspection plug" number 6

brake lever parts fiche.png

Any ideas lads?
  2. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
  3. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Right I am going to refer to this part that I need as the "lever to master cylinder linkage".

It might be part number 8000 79100 which is for the TE master cylinder, but I have tried it and it also fits the SM master cylinder when used with the TE lever.

The parts fiche says "lever set" on the listing, but then when I tap it into huskymoto.co.uk it comes up as a mere "adjustment screw".

So I figure I will phone them up and ask. But this does open the options up quite a bit as you can use the lever and linkage from the TE master cylinder with the SM one.
  4. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Whoops, forgot the diagram:

husqvarna 610 TE brake lever linkage.png
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is part of the master cylinder, good luck.
  6. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    It is a Brembo, it shouldn't be TO hard to find the replacement rubber dust seal. It isn't just a OEM Husky part, it is a Brembo part. Search for that.
  7. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Yes XLEnduroMan I have since figured that out. I bought an old Brembo master cylinder just for that linkage. It's not the dust seal that stops it from working though, it is the lack of a link between the lever and the master cylinder! I am sure I have the right linkage but it keeps jamming and not letting me apply the brake! It is as though the dust seal is also designed to hold it in place but has worn out and isn't doing it's job anymore.