1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Thoughts on this '79 CR125

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by La Flama Blanca, Dec 1, 2015.

1. La Flama Blanca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 kawasaki kx250f
    Interested in starting a project. I have always wanted a vintage Husqvarna and this one has been posted on CL for about 2 months now. It's a 1979 Husky CR125. I honestly don't know a whole lot about the vintage bikes other than what I see on here. How does this bike look overall? Are parts hard to find? Does everything seem mostly original? I was thinking of stopping in and seeing it in person. I was also hoping I could haggle him down on the price maybe around 1200-1400. Is that a fair offer for this bike or is the original asking price decent? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys! Tony.

http://york.craigslist.org/mcy/5270816283.html
  2. loony888 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR0SS
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati's
    125's are cool, i have a soft spot for them, but, they cost about the same to restore in parts as a larger capacity bike but aren't worth as much once completed. I have a soft spot for them and want to do one myself, that one looks complete and reasonably well preserved, dunno about value, i'm on the other side of the world so i can't really say, but it's in a shop so there's bound to be room to move on it. go see it for yourself and haggle, there's a strong market for vintage MX bikes but it's typically private sales, they're not often sold through shops, from what i've seen anyway
  3. Dave-cr125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cr125 1972 and 1976
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph t150 1972
    That bike looks in decent shape, as long as it starts and runs well it's probably OK. Parts are less common than for other engine sizes , but are available.
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    I like that, I would go check it out and it seems well priced. check the swing arm is badly worn in the pivot bushes, the shocks arnt rusty in the shafts as the forks and see if it runs and holds an idle.

understand that it may need a k or more thrown at it to be a descent rider if all the running gear is worn out (chain sprockets brake shoes, clutch plates top end or even a rebuild of the bottom end (mor cash there)) but it looks tidy and all there which is half the problem solved up front.

check out husqvarnaparts.com for bits and pieces. phil has lots of stuff and knows his husky's inside out

snap her up!