This little Husky went on a trip

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ElDiablo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

2. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

3. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Can you see me here? :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The end of my Teraflex :D
    [IMG]
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Breathtaking.

Was it 1 day solo and 1 day with the Trekgeist tour guide?

Location?
  5. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

I was the only one from my other 3 friends to take a bike. I left my truck at Fri's camping spot. There were a total of 5 off road cars and me. We camped at 8k ft on Sat so I rode the bike for over 75miles off road. My friends carried my tend and the gear.
    Trekgeist is my friend and he is not a guide but he takes a great pics.

Here is a pic of my support crew :eek:
    [IMG]
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    LOL...

Usually it's a bunch of bikes and 1 or 2 support vehicles... but hey if someone really did need to get somewhere tough for some reason you would be man of the hour!!! Your bike would be way faster in the gnarly stuff too!
  7. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

I was a lot faster than the cars but I did not mind some rest. 12k ft kicked my butt. I got stuck once as the bike kept on digging in. I also crashed a few times. I was sent out on missions like finding the trail or a camping spot.:D A friend with FJ had a refrigerator and supplied me with cold Red-Bull :p
    The bike did great. I have a jet kit and Leo pipe. I had no problems with jetting at all. However I will need a new tire :eek:
  8. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great shots!! Thanks for sharing...
  9. Hoder Husqvarna
    B Class

WOW! Where is this?
  10. skid plate Husqvarna

WOW! looks like a great trip. havent done one like that in
    years. never solo bike always had some riding buddies
    along. congratulations definitely one for the books
    great picks thanks
    S.
  11. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Very nice shots, thanks for shareing.

Gary
  12. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    Yes those are some great pics. I'm not sure where it is, but I can tell it's nowhere in New England. :D
  13. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

14. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very nice photos!

What type of case do you have mounted to your rear rack? seems to fit very well.

Sierras in CA?
  15. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

My guess: the moon.
  16. rajobigguy Administrator

Great photos. Its' been years since I've been up to Bridgeport but I used to love riding and 4-wheeling in that area (that is where you were at isn't it?)
  17. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

From the link above:

Mt. Patterson and the Sweetwater Range

Mt. Patterson is the high point of the Sweetwater Range, a somewhat overlooked but quite scenic and interesting neighbor of the larger and more heavily visited Sierra Nevada Range. Situated east of the Sierra Nevada and north of Bridgeport in the western edge of the Great Basin, the Sweetwater Range divides the West and East forks of the Walker River and straddles the California-Nevada border.
  18. TripleW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for posting those are awesome photos. And photos don't normally do justice to the real thing. WOW! TW
  19. bpayne13 Husqvarna
    B Class

How do you lik ethe Zumo?

El Diablo,

How do you like the Garmin Zumo? Is it a 450 or 550? If you lost it would you buy it again or go with another brand/model? I'm looking for a GPS for my 2008 TE-510 and the Zumo 550 with a Blue tooth phone is currently my first choice.
  20. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

It is Zumo 550 and I got it 2 years ago when it first came out. I have battery cables on both motorcycles and use it a lot. I don't use the sound but sometimes I hook up a blue tooth to just see what calls I missed on my cell. Recently I purchased Topo 24K maps for $90 that came on the SD card. I had it set up for off road and it would not route me on trails. When I changed the setting this thing was perfect. It would show you off-road trails that many books did not even have. If my Garmin got stolen I would immediately purchase one more...I don't use the music/traffic/BT options so 550 is a little overkill. Also Garmin support is a the best.

One more thing, Garmin finally partnered with mad Maps and now you can download them directly from their site. This gives you all scenic routes for your on-road trips.