Think this will ever make it to motorcycles?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by ptkatoomer, Sep 15, 2016.

1. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
  2. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    I'm not sure how this works. Is it an electrically operated solenoid controlling air pressure to open a spring tensioned valve?
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    its alot of hassle, thats for sure...but the possibilities of having unlimited cam variations built into one motor and having it change with driving conditions is pretty sweet
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    LOOKS LIKE THEIRS MORE INFO ON YOU TUBE WATCH THE VIDEO TO THE END A CLICK ON ONE
  5. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Sure would be nice to not have to worry about timing belt/chain maintenance. I had to replace the OEM auto cam chain tensioner on my FZ-09 with a manual one. Even though Yamaha has release 3 or more revisions of theirs, they still fail in ridiculously short periods of time. The APE manual tensioner I put in takes a lot of the concern out of it, but it adds yet another maintenance issue to remember to deal with.
    PaulC likes this.
  6. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    I thought it was supposedly resolved. No issues on mine so far about 2500 miles
  7. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Yea, the odd thing is some of them are good. My buddy has the exact same bike - 2014 FZ09. His is fine. My was noisy. If you take a look at FZ09.org you'll see some people have been through all three of the OEM revisions so far. Some have their original. If Yamaha had actually recalled it and it didn't cost anything to replace I would have gone OEM.
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    When they show us an actual running engine I'll comment on it. Till then it's just a cool idea.
  9. Blackbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450
    Koenissegg has a running engine. They have been doing this for some time. Currently it's on I believe a Audi station wagon that they milled the head and installed these types of valves. They stated they are durability testing it and staffers drive it every day and so far it's working well. They had an oscilloscope showing the valve lift and it's cool to see a square profile