The Puerto Rican MXoN Roster is announced!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by TemecuCoastie, Aug 28, 2014.

1. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    (From MXA)

The Puerto Rican team for the 2014 Motocross des Nations will be:
    Ben Lamay (450)
    Alex Martin (250)
    Ulises Rolando Velasco (Open).

Didn't know Ben Lamay and Alex Martin were from PR (I'm being sarcastic).
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure who those guys are exactly, but I think since PR is an American territory, USA citizens can ride for them ... I say that because there was talk a few yrs back with a really special American rider that could not get on the USA team due to his own choices, was gonna ride against us on the PR team ...

It never materialized ... Some adult must have B-slapped him and said something like "Do you realize how stupid that would actually be?"

Good luck to the PR team ... Hope they finish a close 2nd to the USA team.
  3. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That will give me a couple more guys to watch during the race ...
  5. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

The French could pull that stunt as well - they've plenty of 'territories". And, plenty of good riders, a couple of which got notably left out of the selection process. Though, I think Pourcel has said he would not consider participation?

Actually, a fair few other countries could pull this 'stunt'. We here in OZ, have Norfolk and Christmas Islands, and a few others. Tasmania - but they've all got 6 fingers!

Riding for other countries has been fairly common in years past - Belgians for Luxemburg, for example, and I think, Trampas Parker rode for Italy. But, at least they had the countries racing license, which was required at each respective time. Not sure how it works nowadays - looks like the 'license' thing is not in force, now. I doubt 'Troll' and Lamay have a full time, PR racing license.

MXA's noting that Qatar, Argentina, Mexico and Thailand are not sending teams to the MXDN, is a poignant one - if federations / promoters can afford Luongos fees for having a GP, they should be able to afford to send a team - oh, hang on, that may well be the reason - they are broke, after filling his pockets.......... Well, really, the QMMF should have more than enough.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Interesting view points here ...

7. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You said the "L" word - "Luongo".
  8. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    So what bike is raced most often in the Open class?
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450s ...
  10. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

I do apologise.

It is a vile word to write, but, the more appropriate words for that mongrel, tend to be censored, by site bots..................

Here's a picture I've started to see on the web, relating to Mr Luongo (oops there's that word again, mea culpa):

[IMG]

It's seems to 'allege', or imply, that he may have some worrisome affiliations - the Movie Industry, I assume????????????????
  11. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    How about hedgehog?

Motocross Action Magazine did a writeup a couple of years ago regarding "his" antics and how the organization treats the racers more like servants than pro athletes. The long season, the execessive travel to non-markets (Qatar, Thailand and Leon Mexico?), lack of purse money (it all goes to Youthstream?) and so on.

I watched the GP in Brazil over the weekend. Great racing, but the gates looked a little "light" if you know what I mean.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Since they can't fill the grid I'm going to do one so I can say I went pro lol
  13. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    There was some local talent there. MXGP calls them "Wildcards". They looked more like traffic cones - nowhere nearly as fast as the Euros.
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah I'll be the guy rolling doubles :)