The perfect 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by FasYankee, Sep 14, 2015.

1. FasYankee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    BOOM!
    If you had your way to change anything on your 630 what would you do?

Suspension? Brakes? Engine modifications? Rims? Frame modifications? Slipper/rekluse?

For you TE guys, what about luggage? Wind/weather protection? Crash cages? Tank capacity?

Curious what you'd change if you were in charge of re-designing/modifying the bike so you could make it perfect for you, and why? Just imagine you'd have a basically (realistic) unlimited budget. I'm not talking sci-fi stuff here, realistic stuff that you'd like produced in the aftermarket or by husky as factory add-ons.

I'd like to see a Seel factory hop up kit. Valves/piston/rod/crank/cams/TB/injector/electronics/exhaust. I know this bike has the potential to produce way more power. I'd change the front brake rotor, the MC/caliper is more than enough, but I warped my front rotor in less than 2000 miles. The radiators would absolutely (obviously) need attention, I'd also like to see a second fan and a temp gauge. Although it would be costly I'd also like to see the shift rod to be extended and the LS case cover as well to accommodate it so the damn thing wasn't so far under the engine (personal nitpick), as well as the captured bodywork nuts being improved (annoying nitpick). Although I don't really have a desire to put a topcase on the rear, I'd like to be confident that if I did, I wouldn't risk snapping the rear of the subframe off, so gussets welded in that area would be pertinent. Oh, and a tach that actually works!
  2. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Comfy seat, 20 litre tank, single exhaust.
  3. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Seat (I have seat concepts, never tried the stock, but the seat concepts one is great)
    Little more fuel, an additional 4L would be enough for me.
    Stronger sub frame.
    Cush hub.
    Single exhaust (for less weight)
    Tidy up some of the engine issues, clutch washers (might be ok with a cush hub) and oil pickup screens that fall apart.
    That is all.
  4. Timberline Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    + find a more easily accessible location for the idle adjustment screw
    + kick starter for backup to e-start
    + fuel level gauge
    + engine temp gauge
    + analog instrument panel so i can "read" it with peripheral vision

and since the goal is "perfect": 70 lbs lighter without sacrificing strength :D
  5. FasYankee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    BOOM!
    Yes! A kickstarter. I've been wondering......the hole is there, it's obvious under the cover where the mechanism goes. Is there a part # for a kickstarter for the motor? I'd imagine one exists? That's one thing I love about my WR......there's just something so badass about kickstarting your bike......it'd also be convenient if your battery was dead......but the badassery is my main reason for wanting one.
  6. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    I believe there was somebody making a kickstarter kit for the 630 when it came out.
  7. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
  8. FasYankee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    BOOM!
    Nope on the kickstarter then.......I'll just have to ride the WR when I want to impress the little old ladies at the park.
  9. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Cush hub instead of cush basket
    A nut on the CS sprocket
    Proper tach

If the bike had Honda durability it would be near perfect. That being said, I still don't see a bike out there I'd rather have. Mine is making its third trip to Silverton, CO tomorrow.

10. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Let's see!

Comfy seat- Done- Seat concepts.

Single exhaust- Done - Gutted remaining can and added glass pack and baffle. Slightly louder and 15 to 20 lb lighter.

Skid plate - Done.

Power up kit - Done - Bike was un ride able without it.

Lower gearing - Done - 14/45

Side stand foot - Done - Welded small triangular plate to bottom to make bike more upright and less prone to tip over.

Suspension - Done - Added rebound adjusters and softer springs to front , softer rear spring and set up race sag.

Locktite all bolts and nuts - Done.

Perfect!
  11. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    I've the same mods at Willie (with some variations)
    I've got to say the Seat concepts seat is awesome. I just did 3 days of riding mixed dirt and paved roads and my butt is just fine, thank you :-)
  12. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Looks good.

Tail tidy?

Rear subframe gussets?
  13. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    You can cut the existing black sub fender and make your own tail tidy:

[IMG]

But yes, subframe strengthening is a must if you are going to do this:

[IMG]

I made mine from Browneyes' plans (posted somewhere on this forum)

[IMG]
  14. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Tail tidy - Done - Forgot to mention earlier

Sub frame gussets - ? - Fabricated side bag mounts a couple of years ago but have yet to use them. If I ever mount them I will do the frame gussets.