The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008

Good tip! My chain flew off in deep sand, so perhaps during that episode it nicked the wire. I'll inspect when I de-winterize the bike next year. It is a 610 with power-up and a Leo Vince, I'll try some experimenting...
  2. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    for my 2013 te310 I don't need to put the o2 sensor in to adjust Ibeat settings, correct? Right now the bike is in full power up mode with the o2 sensor gone and dummy plug in place.
  3. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Correct, you don't need the O2.

Rizzkid likes this.
  4. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    thanks DynoBob. great info and photos.! since I now have the software running on a pc all I need is the cable from Semco. There is only 1 type of cable correct? Hopefully he will allow me to buy the cable only with no software and no questions asked.
  5. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    He will
  6. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT

Once he is back?
    I have tried to contact him with no success. But a member on adv told me he might be riding in Baja right now.
  7. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    You can order just the interface cable for $154. It is listed on his website. Even if he's in town, it can take a day or two for him to respond. At least that was my experience. He ships quickly.
  8. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Good service from Semco
  9. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    I'm waiting from my iBeat cable, so I currently have no idea how my (new to me) bike is setup.
    What would be a best guess setting for a TE 630 with the single FMF powercore 4 muffler (with 1 3/8 quiet insert) and one of these ehsracing.com airbox cover?

Start with 110,110,120 and maybe add a few percents?
    The bike came with the airbox cover but stock exhaust and the O2 sensor elimination stuff. It felt a bit anemic in the middle/top when I test rode it.

(not my picture, but mine looks the same)

[IMG]
  10. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Having looked at this a little more, I think maybe we don't need to add much fuel to the first number. 103,110,120 is where I'd start. If it starts easily and doesn't flame out than 100-103 is prob sufficient down low.

11. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Thanks Bob.
    Yes, it does start easily (now that I fixed the auto decompression :-) if I pull the "choke". Idle is fairly low, so I warm it up with the lever in, which raises the rpm. After that it just idles fine, and picks up even if I jab the throttle fairly aggressively. So the lower part seems fine.

My cable finally arrived! Paypal sucks. I made a change of address a year ago, and deleted the old address from my account. Yet the mailing label that Scott printed still used my old address. So the cable was at my old house for a couple of days. Good thing I'm in good term with the new owner.
  12. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That quiet insert will require less fuel than a non-restricted FMF exhaust. You are really defeating the purpose of the EHS air box cover when you plug the exhaust with a restrictor (quiet insert). More air in and reducing the ability for it to exit does not equate to the best performance. I'd fit the standard sparky in the exhaust and then get rid of the quiet insert assuming an additional level of noise it not an issue.

Here in MN at 850' elevation I have set a 630 fitted with FMF exhaust and the EHS at 108,108,116 and the bike runs top notch. You may, as Bob suggests, reduce the low fueling percentage down. I think you will be rich on the high end with the plug in the exhaust at 120.
  13. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    I'm thinking the quiet insert (which isn't that quiet actually) still flows more air than the stock mufflers.
    I know I'm leaving some performance on the table, but I'm pretty sensitive about noise issue.
    But thanks for the values. I'll play around and see what happens. I'm liking the fact that I don't need to take the carb apart to experiment :thumbsup:
  14. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

you said that right.. moving the clip position on the needle, changing the needle taper and then throwing in different main jets are a load of work in an attempt to fine tune... Plus you also have to get the pilot jet right and the idle mix screw set correctly...

I like the laptop assisted tuning much better for the efficiency and ease.

When I initially suggested the EHS air box cover to this forum I was using it on other dirt toys in the dunes. The factory air box cover is much quieter than the EHS equipped cover is if you are concerned about noise. In all reality you will not gain any benefit with the EHS if you run a quiet core silencer in the exhaust. Both the intake and exhaust should be matched in terms of air flow. Over emphasizing one and not the other will not provide much benefit.
  15. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    My bike was at 100 100 100.
    It seems to like 100 at the bottom. 102 and it becomes very hard to start.
    It runs very well with 100 108 116. But I ran into a problem with the fuel line popping off so my testing had to be aborted.
  16. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bob

Are these dynojet settings for the PCV, the settings for a "stock bike with stock exhaust " or a bike with a slip on?

I just set my 630 at 102, 108,120 with the full Leo system and I can tell it does start better and seems to run very smooth while in the cruising range. The reason I considered some fuel reductions to my 111,111,122 setting is because I was getting mid 30's during my last ride on pavement. Granted I was really exercising the throttle but Dustin with 108,108,116 was getting low 40's with his FMF slip on and EHS airbox cover.

Ironically after the reduction in fuel settings, I am not getting any popping on decel which originally caused me to increase the settings after pulling the sparky from the LEO.
    Wondering if the decel popping may have been from being to rich?

EDIT.. per the PCV site it appears there are three different maps available for the 630:

http://www.powercommander.com/power...-n=630 Models&year=2011&mk=26&mdl=307&yr=2011
  17. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, stock bike/stock exhaust for that map, but I think my FMF single flows pretty close to the factory duals.

I'm pretty convinced we don't need to add much if any fuel down low. I need to turn Jim's bike down, he always get 3mpg less than me now. Not sure about the decel pop, that doesn't make sense... but if it works :)

Glad to hear Dustin still has his 630.

18. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you able to open the other maps available from PCV and display them like you have done with the stock bike/stock exhaust?

I'd be curious to know the values for the full Leo Vince system and also for the FMF Q4 slip on that DynoJet uses.
  19. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    I'd be curious to know the values for the single FMF powercore 4, with and without quiet insert :)
  20. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Stock Map
    [IMG]

FMF Q4/Stock airbox
    [IMG]

Full Leo/no baffle/610 airbox(?)
    [IMG]