The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Samaras1983 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    suzuki GSXR 1000
    Thank you very much my friend for your prompt reply,I have the o2 killer in position o2 sensor
    My Husky is 2008 with full LeoVicne X3 titanium
    Mik-3 likes this.
  2. GeekVenture Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Africa Twin
    So my gas mileage is a lot lower than I was hoping it would be. I'm averaging 39.78 MPG!

My carbureted 625 KTM was averaging 47 MPG...

I did notice the smell of gas even prior to adjusting the mapping with the iBeat system...now the bike definitely preforms better, but I commute 75 miles 5 days a week.

I have the PU kit. Iv'e removed the plastic snorkel and plastic rat maze inside airbox, and I have FMF's titanium from mid pipe back. I'm even running a tall highway windshield which improved my gas mileage in the past.

So what MPG is everyone else getting?

Is there any other safe settings that I can run to maximize MPG while not harming the motor by being too lean?
  3. Baroquenride Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800
    You can see my fill-ups below if you click on it. My actual average is more like 47mpg around town with the PU mod. I was getting about 50mpg beforehand.

[IMG]
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S

If you look at the map that Dynojet came up with, you may be fine at 96,105,116 (assuming you have near stock bike with PU plug). Try that for a tank full and see how the driveability is. What's your typical speed during your commute?

I get 45-47mpg.

5. rickcj7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I was averaging 65mpg on my WRR, only get 55 mpg with the 630 but i ride it faster.
    Full leo vince exhaust and pc with auto tune.
  6. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I'll be watching others feedback. I'm getting around 38 mpg w/ p/u and bob's standard settings (108, 108.) Never have I made it past 42 mpg. I like to dog on it, but it's nothing that I'd think would crush my consumption. Bike runs great, so not sure what's up.
    RossmcG likes this.
  7. GeekVenture Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Africa Twin
    I average 72 MPH and I'm trying to conserve gas :confused:
  8. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    The way I use my bike (old man, off-road touring) is prob ~40mph avg so that may be why I get better mpg than some. At 72mph avg you're not on the low number much so it's prob a matter of how low you can go on the top two numbers without being lean. Based on what I know from dyno I wouldn't recommend going much lower than 116 on the third number though.

We're leaving Fri for Wyoming to do DockingPilot's "ForeverWest" on two 630s so we'll get some mpg numbers. I'm running iBeat at 104,97,100 on top of the PCV map - taking some fuel out in the middle to get a little better mpg. We'll have one stretch of 330mi w/o fuel.

Rick, You may have done this already but could we see the numbers Autotune came up with for your bike?

genghis9021 likes this.
  9. rickcj7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    If i can figure out how to check it?
  10. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Update on fuel economy...
    Just did 400 miles over the holiday, mixed surfaces, quite a bit of hiway, some of it hard on it going up and down the mountains, about 100 miles of dirt - still getting about 50mpg. Changing my settings just made the bike run killer, did not make fuel economy worse. It runs so good now it's hard to believe.

I did almost get run off the hiway by a lady in a toyota in the Sierra foothills. Pulled right out in my lane leaving me about 4' of shoulder to get around. Almost crapped my pants. :eek:
  11. GeekVenture Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Africa Twin
    I changed the EFI settings (96,105,116) to try and improve my MPG, but I didn't like the way the bike felt like it has less power on the highway @ 70 mph...especially when there is a headwind!

(tangent question)

My bike does something strange whenever I hit a bump in the road or, for example, I ride over the protruding reflectors in the middle of the highway...it feels like you let go of the gas for a split second then slam it back on again.

To test this, I've let off the gas completely and rod over the reflectors. I don't feel any surging then...only when the gas is on at a consistent throttle position.

In a choppy off-road situation, this could send the bike off in a wrong direction!

I've heard something about a "surging" problem with this bike...is this what the are talking about?
  12. yoshiboldor Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F DUcati 848
    ok so excuse my ignorance and I cant seem to find it on this thread, but can I download the latest version of ibeat?? V2?? also and can I download firmware upgrades for my ecu?? (09 Husky 450)

I appreciate your help.
  13. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Is it possible the throttle cable is getting stretched by some other cable when the suspension extends? Put the bike on a stand and check all the cable runs... (do you have risers btw?)
  14. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    I just got iBeat and learnt that the place where I serviced my bike set it to 118.9, 107, 100, wierdly. Bike runs ok, but very jerky when lugging at mid range. I am definitely going to try the 96,105,116 and see the difference.

I also discovered that the blinking neutral light means "Gear Position Sensor Low (0440)." Hmm.
  15. GeekVenture Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Africa Twin
    No bar risers (yet) and I don't believe the throttle cable is being pulled.

I did just change my rear tire and tightened up the chain a little bit more (manual guide is weird...did the recommended slack and it felt too tight).

With my chain guide in the vertical position, bike a side stand, the chain now rests between the top slider and the bottom roller wheel of the chain guide.

Ironically, it seems to have helped the lurching on the highway when running over those reflectors in the middle of the road. Still does it ever so slightly, but waaaaay better.

I wish there was a better chain adjustment standard. I don't want to make it too tight and ruin the motor!
  16. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008

Others have also said the manual spec is too tight. George from Uptite has recommended making it a bit loose - so it can just touch the wear pad on the bottom. See this thread.
  17. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    which file/folder do i download on the google drive for a 2012 te310 (power up mode done) with stock 4 pt injector? All of them?

Is ibeat ver 2.1 useable with my 2012 te310? I have the Mikuni injection
  18. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    is the dongle and cable needed to just have the software run on the pc in emulation mode? I think it is successfully loaded now but I cant get in the software.
  19. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    You don't need the dongle hooked up to launch the software.

20. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'd say you'll be OK at 96,105,116 for a 630. Might start easier with a little more fuel in the first number though. If you have a FI 610 I have no idea, they may want something completely different (like your orig settings?). I'd check to see if your Gear Position Sensor wire has gotten damaged down by the front sprocket.

I'm at 103,97,100 stacked on top of my PCV map so I'm pretty close to 98,105,118. Over the last two weeks/2600miles I averaged 48.5 mpg. My buddy's 630 at 110,110,120 got 45mpg so we probably need to take some fuel out down low.