The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Gavin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm610
    After more testing today, i can say that the bike is more responsive now. It pulls cleaner through the rpm range. But i notice the rpm will hang around 2000-2100 when i come to a stop. Then went further down to the normal idling at 1700-1800. It still pop alot during deceleration.
    Guys. Is my bike too lean now? Wat tps value should I adjust to?
  2. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    My interpretation of the instructions is:
    1. Set idle to where you want it
    2. Follow instructions below to make the Adjustment Value match the TPS value.

You are not adjusting for any certain value, you just want the ecu value to match the physical value.

I wouldn't worry about a little popping. What are your CO settings at?

[IMG] .. [IMG]
  3. Gavin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm610

I have not venture to the CO setting. Should be at stock setting. Should I adjust the "O2", "FB" or "CO" tab?
  4. Gavin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm610
    I have just played with the ibeat again. The CO tab is unselected. O2 tab can be selected but not allowed to change setting. FB tab can be selected but I could not change anything except changing the increment percentage ie.1%.
  5. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    Gavin I just got a 2009 SM610 and have been messing with ibeat as it had some issues. It had the blinking nuetral light stalling and what I felt as underpowered and generally not running right. I also have the grayed co have not been able to make any adjustments and get the changes cannot be made on this year message. From my research with the 610 you can only adjust the FB values and the lambda sensor must be installed to do so. Also on the 2008 the only adjustment you can make is the FB1, hope that helps.
  6. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    After checking my tps with ibeat it says it is at 957mv and should be at 977mv. So my question is do I need to adjust the stop screw reset the tps or leave it as it is? image.jpg
  7. Gavin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm610
    I think what you have said is correct. I can only enter FB tab but could not make any adjustment. As what you said, might be due the the absent of the O2 sensor. I think i just have to live with it then..
  8. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    So it appears that the 610 is different than the 630. I have no O2 sensor on my 630 but can adjust the CO settings. I mentioned a while back that I ran into the greyed CO on a friends 610, in hindsight I thought maybe we didn't have the kill switch in the right position, but no longer had access to the bike to double check. Have you tried the kill switch both ways?

9. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    My reading of the instructions would say you need to set the "Adjustment Value" to 957.
  10. Gavin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm610
    I have lowered the TPS to 976 (lowered by 20mV). Now i feel the bike is not as lean as before. Although now it is not as responsive, I know i will not burn the engine with the lean mixture.
  11. Gavin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm610
    I have tried the kill switch. If I activate the kill switch, the communication with ibeat will be lost.
  12. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I want to make sure I have not said something that has misinformed you. You need to set your "Adjustment Value" to match the actual "TPS Value". These numbers do not affect the mixture leanness/richness in any way! All you are doing is making the ECU map more accurately track the actual physical opening of the throttle body. You MUST address the fuel mixture in a different way. It appears that the 610 bikes ecu doesn't allow adjustment with iBeat for some reason (if you are a 610 owner and have been able to change the CO settings please speak up...). A JD tuner or Power Commander may be the only way to adjust mixture on a 610.

These are two Power Commander maps for the 610 from Dynojets website.

The map for a stock bike says they are very rich down low and not lean on the big end.
    [IMG]

The LeoVince slipon/modded airbox map says the bike is rich down low and quite lean on the big end.
    [IMG]

Good luck!
  13. Gavin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm610
    Hi Dynobob. Do you agree that, if I do not increase the Adjustment value, I will lean the fuel mixture by increasing the TPS value (turn the hard stop screw to make the throttle to open wider than set it with ibeat)?
  14. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No I do not agree. If the two values don't match your bike is not fueling from the right area of the map for the given throttle opening. It's impossible to say you would be rich or lean without knowing how much the voltage difference offsets the fuel map from where it should be, and knowing what that value is relative to what it would have been. Clear as mud? :)

The TPS voltage value at idle is ~1volt, at full throttle it is ~5volts. The ecu is basically translating that voltage value to a percentage of full throttle and applying the injector pulse width that the map calls for - which hopefully provides the correct fuel. Aftermarket tuners are taking the factory injector pulse width and adding to or taking away a percentage, that is the only way you are going to richen/lean a 610.

15. Gavin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm610
    Sorry Dynobob. I do not fully understand that.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.
    My understand is:
    1) The original TPS is set at 950mV (let say 0.1degree opening).
    2) The ECU will take the position at 950mV to be the "throttle fully close" position. And supply X amount of fuel.
    3) So now, I turn the hard stop screw to increase the throttle opening (let say 0.5degree) and set it with ibeat. The new registered value is 1000mV.
    4) By doing this, the ECU now know that 1000mV is the current "throttle fully closed" and therefore supply the same X amount of fuel.
    5) So now the ECU is supplying same amount of fuel at 0.5degree throttle opening(more air). Doesn't this means leaner mixture?
  16. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    Thanks for clearing that up dynobob I will set my tps to match where it is supposed to be. In regards to the throttle stop/butterfly valve should I leave it completely closed or a specific amount of turns out? I would think by adjusting the throttle stop screw you are making the bike leaner all the way around and especially on the top end and not richer as you are adding more air and no extra fuel. The fuel map is what it is from 1% to 100% unless you change it.
  17. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    Are the FB values the same or similar to the co values? And if you set the FB values and then install the power up do they carry over or will you have to leave the lambda sensor in?
  18. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    No i have the same issue with my 630.CO is greyed out(use to work) 02 can be accessed but you can't change anything currently stuck 107 100 100.Have tried plugging os sensor back in & reloading ibeat no luck.Tried George's method of revving the clappers out it as per
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/ibeat-issues.79127/#post-518524
    Still can't change a thing.Have built a map around it but it would be better if i could get it to work.
  19. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well shit, that's scary.

Could it be you have some fault codes stored?

20. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    Hmmm did you set your values to 107 100 100? Mine is stuck on the same 107 100 100, not sure if it is just dumb luck or relevant to the issue we are having.