The grandsons next bike already.

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Bigbill, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The grandson has his suzuki jr50 and it’s almost too small for him. Funny he is starting to jump on it. My son found a ds80. It’s needs a piston which were working on now. Santa gonna deliver it. These oil injected bikes run forever if you keep the oil tank filled with the correct oil. Kids grow so fast. Hope the ds80 lasts him for a few years. I guess a rm100 or kx100 is next. Maybe we can squeeze a kx80 inbetween. The ds80 is the first clutch lever and shift lever bike.

Rough bored the cylinder today now the new piston can be ordered. They must have ran it with no two stroke oil in the oil injector pump. They seized the lower side of the piston on the exhaust side.

My son rough bored the cylinder today. The new Lisle gear driven hone (sunnen hone) worked awesome. My old sunnen hone is worn out. It’s the passing of the cylinders to the youth.
    PaulC likes this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's a great bike. When I was young my Dad, Uncle and I would ride with my Dad's friend and his son. He had a DS80 after the JR50 and rode the snot outta that bike. It was capable enough to allow him to join us on the longer trail rides which makes any kid feel like they're all grown up.

Luckily, you have the shop and tools to get it fixed right and make it an awesome family project. What a great Christmas he's going to have!
    PaulC and oldbikedude like this.
  3. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Merry x-Mas to him! My boy went from a pw50 to a kx60 and it was a steep learning curve. Both X-Mas gifts from Santa. Hook him up Bill.
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    It was affordable enough. My son said it ran but was low on compression. I told him to pull the cylinder and probably need to bore it with a new piston. Need to checkout the oil pump to make sure it’s set right. I read somewhere they say to use two stroke in the gas too besides the oil injection?

The grandson is just starting to jump singles with the jr50. Catching a little air. The newer smaller bikes are $4 k new. Plus they grow out of them so fast.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  5. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    My first bike was a 1980 DS80. I rode the crap out of it for 3 years with no issues. Very reliable bike and was fairly quick and light for a trail bike. Your grandson should get a lot of enjoyment out of it. :)
  6. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    port it and put a 44 mikuni on it. it should wheelie in all 6 gears then !
    Bigbill and oldbikedude like this.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Two 44’s?
  8. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Update, suzuki ds80. My son bored it over size. And inspected the flywheel for movement. It needs crankbearings and crankseals. He has new boyzeen reeds, new tires, better rear rim. Sounds like a plan is happening. I have to post some video of the kid on the suzuki jr50.

We started talking about his next bike maybe a rm80 or kx80. Or a kx100 if he grows fast. It’s going to take time for a deal on these. I’d rather see him on the 80 motocross bike next.
  9. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    My son did all the work, she’s alive......running. I got him tires, barkbusters. He’s ready. Cant wait till santa brings it..

This is the first bike with a clutch lever and shifter.
    oldbikedude likes this.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Gotta get us a pic of the lucky fellow with his new bike.
  11. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I see if I can get my other son to do a video of him on the jr50 and the ds80.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  12. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The grandson is learning how to use the clutch now. The boy is so excited. I never seen a kid so happy. The prices vary on these bikes.
    Huskynoobee likes this.