The Desert Didn't Cool Off 08/13/20

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I was supposed to go trail riding with a friend on Thursday, but they wanted to go somewhere close and convenient so that they could attend to an important birthday celebration in the evening. All the close and convenient places were going to be very hot, and Big Bear was going to be the only place that wasn't.....but it was too far away. So, the plans got mutually scrapped. Still....I wanted some saddle time, so I decided to head out to McCain late in the day. I made sure that the head light was working on the Flea, just in case...but the plan was to get back back to the staging area before dark.
    I was ready to hit the trail at 5 p.m., and not very happy about the temperature. At least the sun was low in the sky, with lots of cloud cover to keep it from beating down on countryside, and there was a good breeze. I rode around for a couple of hours, but the temperature never dropped low enough to what could be called comfortable. An unexpected confrontation with a cactus on my way back to the Jeep didn't help...but what are ya gonna do? Cactus can be sneaky sometimes. When I reached the Jeep, there was a group of Honda riders near by, preparing for a night ride. It was 7 o clock by then. This morning I checked my weather app around 5 a.m. and Boulevard hadn't dipped below 80 degrees....so it's definitely a hot one out there. It certainly didn't cool down as much as I had hoped. Maybe if a little rain was added into the mix, it would have been nice.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    WoodsChick, Chisler, 268fords and 3 others like this.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Those look like nice trails! Bet they're fun with some moisture in the ground.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My favorite place to ride in the winter season, cool and tacky. Lots of traction and not much mud in the rainy season. Also nice if a summer storm comes over, maybe twenty degrees cooler when the rain comes down.
    WoodsChick likes this.