Thanksgiving Weekend Ride 11/25/17

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Had a nice ride with some friends up in the mountains on Thanksgiving weekend. Hadn't been out on the 450 for a while, so it was time to frolic around on it for a bit. I met up with two girlfriends, who had gotten a nice house in Big Bear for the night so we could ride all day, then have a comfortable place to relax and then be ready to ride a second day. We were also going to ride with a local guy...who happened to know of some very scenic and fun side trails.

The day got off to a good start, and we started to make a big loop on the north side of town. By afternoon, the other two girls began to tire and wanted to head back to the staging area, so Cory and I went to hit a little single track trail just one more time, before we headed in for the day. It was so pretty, I video taped it in both directions.

When we got back to the vehicles, I noticed that my left fork seal was leaking all over my brake disk, so I decided that I wouldn't be riding on the following day. Cory split for home, and we three girls headed over to our abode for the evening. we had supper out at a somewhat swanky and pricey restaurant, then watched a movie before we all conked out. The next morning, one of my friends woke up feeling horrible. She was sure she had caught some virus, but after reviewing her symptoms, Traci and I diagnosed her as having a hangover from the three big drinks she consumed with dinner, the night before, as well as being dehydrated, and on top of that, not being acclimated to the altitude on the mountain. Anyway, that halted our plan to go out to breakfast all together, and the remaining parties riding plans for the day. Still, Saturday was fun.

Here's some of that single track that I liked so much.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RDiubaulUE
    bigjon, gots_a_sol, rancher1 and 3 others like this.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Nice vid DD. Looks like the 450 is purring along nicely. Have you dropped your fork wiper and done the bit of 35mm film magic on the fork seal yet?
    Too bad about missing a days riding, but being away and tootling around with mates is still pretty good fun.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have cleaned under the seal before, but this time, I think it needs to be replaced.