temperature sensor

Discussion in '610/630' started by 4l0, Mar 25, 2012.

1. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Not a happy chappy,think i may have got to bottom of my bikes cold starting issue.Ever since getting it,its been a pig to start from cold.Fitted,pu,Arrows race cans and ecu,was a little better,certainly runs better no stalling.Anyway went to it last night switched on ignition heard fuel pump,and now coolant fan stays on and neutral light flashes.I presume this could be a faulty temp sesor,and does the fault store on ecu,as i am miles away from a dealer.Is the temp sensor located on left hand side of engine,disconnected it but fan stays on.Gutted
  2. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    I would guess disconnected the temp sensor circuit remains open. Check the wiring diagram and you might be able to jumper the wires to closed and fool the ECU into thinking the bike is warmed. Might need a certain resistance inline to do this though, I'm unsure. My point being disconnecting the sensor won't tell yo much.

Since a new sensor is only $15 just order one and replace it.

_
    4l0 likes this.
  3. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    if i replace the temp sensor myself,will i need to clear the fault from the bike using ibeat as i havnt one.
  4. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    If a faulty temp sensor was the only reason for your neutral light blinking then replacing it will soon stop the flashing. However code will not be cleared and will be retained in ECU memory until cleared by iBeat. Doesn't really need to be cleared though, just think of it as a history file.

Basically similar to OBDII procedure regarding a "Check Engine" light. Using iBeat you could go in and clear your diagnostic code now and the flashing light will go away without fixing your problem but it would return very quickly.

_
    4l0 likes this.
  5. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Original temp sensor P/N 8000A6736 has been replaced by 8000H3649.
    4l0 likes this.
  6. nix296 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm going through the the same exercise now. Neutral light blinks twice and fan running, if I disconnect temperature sensor, neutral blinks four times and fan runs. Going to dealer tomorrow for an ibeat check, also have ordered a new temp sensor and will check part #. Will post results as they occur.

N.
    4l0 likes this.
  7. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    waiting for my temp sensor to arrive
  8. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Think I may have the same problem with my 630 after running it this spring after storage.

Cold start is very difficult and if I pull the fast idle lever.. will not go at all. The engine will stumble when attempting to start
    without pulling the fast idle and takes many attempts to get it to run.

Other issue is that once running the fan runs continously from initially starting when cold till turn off.

Are these the characteristics of a bad temp sensor?
  9. Navaho6 Husqvarna
    B Class

My 610 water temp sensor went out in the first six months. Was hard to start. Fan stayed on.
    Buy two and have a spare.
  10. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

just pulled the temp sensor out of my girlfriend's SM630 and tried it in my TE. Solved the problem immediately, so I placed an order with Halls for the revised part number sensor..

Nice to have a parts bike at hand..:busted:
  11. nix296 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Temp sensor also NFG. Until Husky USA takes over Husky Canada, I've got a 3 week wait for parts.... I'm unplugging my fan.
  12. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    sounds like my issue,still waiting for my temp switch.
  13. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ordered one from Halls yesterday and they had the revised part number sensor in stock. You guys that need one might be able to procure one there quicker.
  14. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    im UK buddy
  15. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    still awaiting my temp sensor,been a over a week now,anyone else waiting one
  16. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Great news temp sensor arrived and the replaced version 8000H3649,starts a treat and fans gone off and neutral lights not flashing:D
  17. TE 450 Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Had my temp sensor replaced a few weeks ago.

Went for a ride tonight. Bike was hard to start then 15 min later the neutral light starts flashing again. Dealer told me before it would not hurt the bike to keep riding it last time. about 4o KM later the bike starts surging like mad. I stopped to look at it and find the bike running hot enough for my new Klim jacket to melt on the rear of the exhaust. < Nice > I managed to limp home with the revs jumping up and down over a thousand RPM. Almost impossible to start out from a stop.

Bike is now loaded in the back of my truck for a trip to the dealer again. Anyone have any ideas ? I have stock exhaust but a JD Box and the air box opened up. Just over 5,500 KM on the bike.
  18. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    yep temp sensor
  19. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    Sorry about digging up this old thread but I didn't want to start a new one.
    My fan was on so I might have a faulty temp sensor and will check tomoz when the bike has cooled down.

My question is this, On the standard 2009 Dash is there any way to tell temp of the bike, I couldn't find it for the life of me..
    I find it a bit strange that they wouldn't put one on there as 99% of bikes I've seen have a meter
  20. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't think we have a meter for temp. I have never seen one. The trail tech speedos have one and when mine dies, I'll be putting one of those on.