Team Great Britain - MXdN 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Aug 12, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This angle is interesting ...

Team Great Britain has been decided with a very exciting team selected. Tommy Searle will race in the MX2 class, making that class a little more exciting as he battles with Antonio Cairoli and Jeremy Martins. MX3 will be former AMA 250cc champion DeanWilson and current British MX1 champion Shaun Simpson. This team has every chance to be on the podium or with a little luck even a victory.

Team manager Neil Prince was pretty excited about the team he has selected and goes to Kegum in Latvia with high hopes.

“I think it’s a great team, “Prince said. “It wasn’t an issue to bring Dean over as many people might have thought. Putting Tommy in the MX2 class is a good move as I feel he has shown in the past what a great MX2 rider he is. He has battled both Herlings and Cairoli on that bike and he will be fired up for a good result. Shaun has of course selected himself with the results he has had in the MXGP class this year.”

“Dean (Wilson) will be riding with support from the Kawasaki factory team. I think all our riders have a good chance to perform at their best and it’s going to be an interesting event.”
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Bang go all our chances !! Seem we have gone down the same route as france - Leave the fastestest riders at home or in the case of France in the USA lol
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Dean Wilson is from Glasgow, Scotland? How does he get to ride for Britain? Britain is really a UK team?

--

Found this ... Seems very convoluted. History class must be fun over there.

Great Britain refers geographically to the island of Great Britain, politically to England, Scotland and Wales in combination. However, it is sometimes used loosely to refer to the whole of the United Kingdom.

The term Britain, as opposed to Great Britain, has been used to mean the United Kingdom formally, for example in official government yearbooks between 1975 and 2001.Since 2002, however, the yearbooks have only used the term "United Kingdom"
  4. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    I agree regarding France - dumb, dumb, really flipping dumb.

As for the UK, why not Max Anstie? Seems to be coming on as of late. He's, what, 11th OA in points right now? Wilson is sitting in 10th OA but hasn't looked ANYTHING like the Dean'o of two years ago.

For the big bikes, Simpson has been the most consistent Brit in the GP this year, hasn't he? I think his worst has been 16th.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I just don't keep up with the 250 guys very well.. Whats the story with Dean? I've been waiting on him to get on the podium or something but it seems like that is not gonna happen ...

6. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I watch the GP Series every weekend - it - is - bitchen! :thumbsup:

The GP and MX2 classes are totally different just as the Premier and 250 classes are here in the states. The MX2, like the 250 class here, is far more exciting.

Anstie has been pushing. He was eating it up @ RD1 in Qatar but had bike issues in both Motos - I think he ran out of gas in Moto 2.

I dunno what's up w/Dean. Has a good ride, good support and a kick a$$ trainer.
  7. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Man I would be so pissed, good on him for keeping with it.

Quick story. Last year I raced the Idaho City ISDE Qualifier, serious and long ass 100 plus mile 2 day race where the pros are there to qualify for the world ISDE races. Coming out of the second check on day one my bike died. I pulled the tank off to look at the electrical as guys went by. I was so freaking pissed. Finally jammed the coil wire and other wires around til it lit. I sometimes have trouble getting aggressive when riding as i am a pretty mild mannered person. This lit a fire under me and I railed the next to sections, and two specials and caught back up to buddy Jake who was on our minute. We had not seen each other most the day as I was playing catch up. It worked, I got 2nd place for the day out of 43. That issue lit a fire that i have trouble lighting some times. Like many things in life it is how you deal with adversity that matters.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Dean is a great and talented young guy that has alot of high pressure around him, hope he can channel back to the top again. This MXoN thing is a good place to show well.

those Anstie boys had a secret training ranch right in your backyard Temec, we were out on a trail ride and came upon the Anstie fellas just thrashing a really nice fenced in track in one of the valleys, we spoke with their dad for a bit then went back to our trail ride. I think their paradise got too hot with neighbors and I doubt they maintain that location anymore (as they are back in EU again now )
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Is it on tv or do you find it online. May have to stop watching nationals. Don't care for just getting to see one moto with the 250's here...
  11. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It's on CBS Sports Network. I have Dish - the ONLY reason is because of the racing....and Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. :banana:

It sometimes comes up on the guide as auto racing but it's the GP. They show both the GP and the 250 class but it's in two separate episodes.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  12. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hmmmmm....I wonder of they were rentng from our resident MX team rental person. Her boys grew up w/the kid. They live just up the road from us.