TE630 w/Arrow: remove/replace exhaust and keep ECU?

Discussion in '610/630' started by dfigu, Jun 18, 2015.

1. dfigu Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    hope to get an RS, GS, or Duc MS
    Hi all,

I did not see this information posted so here goes:

I just purchased a 2011 TE630 and was concerned that the OEM Arrow exhaust was too loud for my neighborhood, and additionally that it does not have (or appears not to have) spark arrestors.

I called both motoxotica and my local Husky dealer (GP in San Diego) and they told me I could neither get spark arrestors, nor DB killers for this Arrow setup. I obviously dont want to start any fires here in drought country.

They do however want to sell me :-( a Leo Vince X3 which has both. Is this advisable, given that I don't have the original ECU?
  2. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    I had a leo vince x3 on my 610 and it was also loud . I now have ozzie made barrett pipes and they are nice .. A bit of a bark but not too loud with spark arrestors in .
    You could probably sell the arrows and matching ecu easily , find someone to give /
    Swap a stock ecu and buy gear / jd tuner & new quiter pipes for not much changeover on $ . Maybe fmf q4 , or modded stock pipes ?
  3. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    The Arrow kit is worth keeping in my opinion, especially the ecu. I thought I had read/seen that there is screens in those Arrows at the inlet side? If there isn't, a good welder could adapt say an FMF spark arrestor/quiet core to fit inside the cans. It may need some rivets drilled out and the core inserted, and the end cap re-installed, but it would be worth keeping those beauties, imo.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/twin-arrow-exhaust-by-husqvarna.17540/page-8
  4. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    +1 on keeping the entire arrows setup.

I have the Arrows Kit and have experienced the FMF and Leo X3 single cans.
    The twin cans provide a more subdued exhaust note than a single can does

However, If you really want to go quieter, and which will usually be accompanied be a drop in performance, I would get some spark arrestors made.
    The Arrows spark arrestors look like a large thimble made out of a tight wire mesh - complicated to fabricate in my view.
    These spark arrestors fit into the front of the silencer where it attaches to the primary pipe from the engine.

If your goal is to reduce noise, then a similar solution that that could fit in the same place as the spark arrestors, is to follow what some manufacturers do for the KTM 690R which is a simply a short section of narrowing flow reducing pipe :
    http://www.wings.si/ver3/index.html?page=details
  5. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
  6. dfigu Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes I also saw that at least some folks received what looks like a screen thimble with their cans. Mine definitely do not. They are straight through, with absolutely no obstruction till the connecting pipe bends.

I took a look at the X3 kit, it has dual cans. After hearing from you all, I now very much doubt i'll be able to reduce the noise with them. At least I'll be able to get them with spark arrestors.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm hoping to hear if anyone else has adapted an off the shelf solution with minimal effort. TIA!
  7. dfigu Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles: