TE630 Rear Tire Replacement

Discussion in '610/630' started by WhiteAndRed, Sep 28, 2011.

1. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    T63 130/80 had a static dia of 26.18" and a in use dia of 27.13"
  2. maxyb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, classica 105
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB350, CD90z
    How do you guys think this tyre will go?

WP_000485.jpg
    Bayner, Tinken and 1lunger like this.
  3. Grez Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW 1150 GS
    Back after over 2,000 miles in Morocco. MT21 front and Mitas E09 rear. Front 1/2 worn and rear 3/4 worn, rider broken wrist. Looks like the tyres performed better the rider over sand, gravel, mud, river beds (I hate them) and tarmac.
  4. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

YES! YES! YES! I LOVE IT! Please tell me you mounted it and gave it a try!!
    maxyb likes this.
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Don't forget the calcium.
  6. maxyb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, classica 105
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB350, CD90z
    alas, i couldn't fit it, I had to take the brake caliper off just to fit the tyre in there, with it scraping on the swingarm. Plus it's made for a 5 inch rim

Would've been a helluva ride with it on though
  7. Philthy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy WR250f
    Wow, so much info in this thread. Its taken two hours to readit all. This makes me think if I'd put those two hours into working I could have paid for most of a random tyre !...Anyway..
    Has anyone got thoughts on the Mitas E07 as a 50/50 tyre. sounds like a long wearing tyre, but I'd like to know if it needs those higher pressures like the mefo / Heidi's. I'd prefer to keep down to the 20-22 psi as recommended for the 630, or lower in the dirt without chunking off.
    I'm probably running more onroad at present and gravel twin trails otherwise. I don't mind the stock Karoo for stickiness on tar corners, but as well known the compound and tread depth don't take long to wear down the middle, I'm up to 1300 km and will def changeout before 2000. The front I guess will do about double so just looking at a rear for now.
  8. maxyb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, classica 105
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB350, CD90z
    I ran an E-07 for about 5000km and it's just at the wear bar (could put another 5000 odd km before it's bald).
    It's good for long distance, dry road and hard pack/gravel. In the wet you really have to watch your throttle, as it steps out very easily.

You can run it at lower pressures, i ran it at 15-20 to try and get some grip offroad (helped a little but nowhere as good as a knobby) hasn't chunked at all even after all i've given it.
  9. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

You should try the Mitas E09 - not quite as 50/50% but much better in the rough and fine on the hard stuff. Come in a standard and Dakar version with an extra ply on the sidewall.
  10. littlehandegan Husqvarna
    B Class

Can I run a Shinko 705 150-70-18????
  11. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    More than anything I think the rim is too narrow. Otherwise it might fit in the swingarm. The supermoto guys run bigger tires on the backs but they also put a wider rim on them. The next size down is the 120 and I think that tire is too skinny for the TE.

This came up on the ADV owners thread. I suggested Heideneau or Mefo in 140. For 80/20 road the K76 just came out and at least one one GS rider liked it for road and occasional off.

I'm finally gonna break down and try the D606. Have burned 3 T63's.

The new karoo 3 is probly worth a try as well. Stupid expensive though. At that price they should last but I have my doubts.
  12. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones

Just done 3500km on a 606.About 2500 on tar, it's around half worn.Only got 3500 out of t63 in similar conditions.The 606 seems to hook a bit better in the loose stuff.I mistakenly got the 120 606 but it is working out ok.Finally wore out the original front karoo after 11500km.
  13. littlehandegan Husqvarna
    B Class

What's the width of our rim?

I read someone was running it on an xr650
  14. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Rear is 2.15, too narrow for a 150 tire.
  15. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

You really do not want to running a 150 - too heavy and too wide for rim with no advantage.
  16. Mansson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    I have bought the Pirelli scorpion rally 120/100-18.....but havent' mount it yet. Looks a bit diffrent than the rally 140 size but is pretty wide.
    Now i have Pirelli mt16 120/100-18 rear. Very nice dirt tire.
  17. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Pics of these tires mounted?

Especially the rally. I ordered and installed a 140 rally and it was so honking huge I took it right back off and sold it. Was afraid the 120 might not be big enough.

Was going to try 130 size D606.
  18. Mansson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Here's a pic off the Pirelli MT16 rear 20130527_204144.jpg
    And the Scorpion Rally 120 / 100 size but not mounted yet 20130612_102039.jpg

Cant' find the Dunlop 606 here in Sweden....or in Europe.
  19. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    That helps. Was looking for the rally mounted on a TE630. I may order one out just to see, can always sell it I guess. $10 cheaper than a 606 to boot.
    The MT16 is not road-legal here.

Thanks!
  20. Philthy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy WR250f
    Man your roads must be made of marshmallow Will ! I had 606's on my wr250f doing 50/50 and burnt them up in well under 2000. As with the Karoo front, I won't be so patient to last more than two rears before a replacement.

I'll be fitting a metzeller enduro 3 sahara later this week on the rear after 2000ks, not quite as aggressive for offroad but hopefully get a few more K's than the KarooTed tyre.