TE630 radiator guards

Discussion in '610/630' started by rickcj7, Mar 19, 2013.

1. rickcj7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I'm looking for some radiator guards for my 630.
    Called Halls and OFG are done. EE guards dont fit without a lot of work.
    7602 guards didnt fit right.
    Only ones left are Motosportz and Bulletproof, do either interfer with fan and hose routing or hit the front fender??? I quess not they mount to the front of the rads. WOW BPD are $199 and dont list 630 either.

Looks like EE braces dont fit 610, not listed for 630

Looks like Motosportz is the only ones.
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I don't know...I'm of the belief that your greatest threat to the radiators is the company Alexon. The way I view it they'll shake apart and spew before I manage to run 'em through with anything. :)

Seriously though, sorry I've no recommendations. I guess a possibility is to fab some up yourself or modify something that's a fairly close fit. Wonder if there are guards from other Huskies that are (or close to being) a direct fit.
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    On that note, i picked up some aftermarket 250 radiators that are a dead nuts swap for the 630's... don't know the brand, got them from a member here, but they're beefy. Didn't even need them right now, but they were cheaper than the one Alexon I already popped...
  4. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Wow- that's good news. Which 250? Is there a brand stamped on either radiator? I'd love to get a pair as I expect future leaking. Thanks-
  5. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    This was posted by a fellow member in 2011. I haven't followed it up, but it may be a lead.

"Hey I'm in Sydney with a 630 too. Re radiator guards i just fitted 610 BPD Bullet Proof Designs) radiator guards. They fit up ok just had to shorten the supplied mounting bolts. BPD importer is in Sydney $220.00"
    badbowie, Aug 24, 2011
  6. rickcj7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Got the motosportz guards, they are not as heavy duty as the 7602, but they fit.
    I did have to use a coulpe washers to shim the right guard out enough to fit the fan in.
    They also cleared the front fender, so no shimming the fender.
  7. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
  8. rickcj7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
  9. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    Well that sucks. Was hoping for some red anodized bling. Guess I'll just go for black. Are the ones from motosportz and bulletproof braces and guards?
  10. maxyb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, classica 105
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB350, CD90z
    The problems with the 7602 guards are easily worked around;
    My fender was rubbing but two thick washers under the back bolts fixed it (looks no different)
    the radiator hose 'not fitting' is subjective, it can be moved backwards and still provide ample flow

choose whatever you think you'll be happy with
  11. rickcj7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The 7602 are braces that mount from the back with a bolt on guard, the Motosportz is a guard that mounts to the front.
    The 7602 are stronger but did not fit right, I could extend the hose and use washers under the fender but then the brace would be blocking easy removal of the valve cover, wasn't worth the hassle to me, when the Motosportz fit right on.
  12. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    well I gotta say I get boiling blood when things are not going on easy, but I might bite the bullet and do it anyway. I really woudl liek something that encases the radiator on the sides as well, and from what you say that leaves me with the 7602
  13. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Washers will make the fender clear the guards, but there is a good chance the tire won't clear the fender if you should bottom your forks.
  14. asi00007 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki V-strom 1000
    Hi Guys

i install 7602 radiator brace and guards 2 weeks ago and thy working pretty good for me , I needed to do few things to get it work right : with the left hand guard i didn't have any problem at all but with the right hand I needed to add few washers on the bottom bolt to get more clerans with the water hose and few washer under the front fender and I didn't find any problem with
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I'm hope this will help little bit
  15. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    From a different thread, but this may be another option.
  16. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    I've got the Bullet Proof Designs radiator guards and they bolted right up. Had to swap out a couple of mounting bolts for shorter ones and add a couple of washers between the lower triple clamp and the back two bolts that hold the fender on in order to clear the radiator guards. They brace and protect the radiators really well and are simply beautiful. I opted for the black anodized versions. I plan on getting a set for my Husaberg, but will probably opt for blue this time.
  17. rickcj7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I didn't care for how far the fan sits away from the rad with the 7602 guards. Wonder if it would affect the cooling on a hot day? I could put my fingers between the fan and rad. Fan should be as close as possible to pull air thru.
    Darrin the motosportz mount over the front of the rad and bend around the sides.They just don't cover the back, and interfer with the hoses or fan. They fit closer to the front and don't need washers to clear the fender.
  18. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    I since ordered and recieved the motosportz guards. I need a bit longer bolts on the right hand side for the fan and the lower mounting bolt on the inside. also think i might go and try the 7602 anyway as i think a full brace would help put my mind more at ease with this big guy.
  19. Wrryder Husqvarna
    AA Class

I need to get set of guards and the BPD ones look like the best option going right now. Looking at the BPD website the closest match seems to be the guards for the 2010 TE 610. Is this what you ordered for your 630?

20. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    Yes. They bolt right up to the 630.