TE630 Parts Availability?

Discussion in '610/630' started by CJBROWN, Dec 3, 2014.

1. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Is anyone having trouble finding parts for their bike? Motor, body, etc? Like if I wanted to replace my cracked taillight could I get one? Side panels? Or replacement valve train parts? Transmission gears?

I haven't had to buy anything for mine since it was new but after two sales of the OEM I can't help but wonder.They were talking about it on TT and I got curious. Many said no issue, call Bills, Halls, or MotoX. But then someone said they were waiting on crank parts for a 400 for 8 months.

I see SWM (?) is putting the motor in a new model, so I guess they've bought the design rights to it. Are they actually making the motors again?

What say ye??? :excuseme:
  2. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    I have had 2 orders from Hall:
    One for auto-decompression stuff, and one for fuel line, and tail assembly stuff. Everything was in stock for the first one. Second one had a few back-ordered parts so it took a couple of weeks.

So my conclusion was that not only is Hall awesome (I'd be curious to see how big their warehouse is) but when they are out they can still get stuff (from Italy?)

For obvious reasons, I hope that SWM is successful and milks the existing designs for may years to come.
  3. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I think most of us have the same concern and, ultimately, I think it'll just depend on the actual part(s) needed at whatever particular point in time that may be. I've read that there's some type of regulation that mandates manufacturers to be able to supply parts for 10 years post-production. That's of some comfort but the concern from there, in my opinion, regards ease/speed of access. I would imagine that yes, they can and will supply the parts, but it may very well mean long back orders/waiting periods (to over-simplify: them waiting for enough demand before re-starting manufacture of that specialized part.)

This concern factored in to the question of would I rebuild my blown engine, or not. The mechanic I'm working with (long associated w/ Husky) told me that (depending on the parts needed) some could take as long as 2-4 months to get...based on his experience lately. The main "part" I required happened to have been the set of engine cases. This shop, and Hall's, confirmed the U.S. warehouse had a set but that they (both shops) weren't able to tell how many (i.e. If it's just the one set, or if there's more.) That makes all of this hard to gauge as well, and it caused me to feel as though I had to leap on the purchase for fear that it would be gone (if it was in fact just the one set- if that were true and it was sold out from under me then I'd imagine case sets aren't something they've got stockpiled, given how rarely they're needed...I ramble about this as it caused me to feel rushed to make a 1200.00 purchase...not comfy. I'd have liked to have felt like I had the time to investigate/wait for a used case.)

So in the end I think it'll just be a wait and see how this thing shakes out kind of thing. My guess is that for parts that are specific to just the 630 we'll end up seeing lengthy back orders/waits, though I of course hope not.
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I waited two months for a cosmetic part a while back.
  5. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I bought an entire plastic set recently but could not buy the clutch cover gasket. I thought this strange as the cover has to come off to clean the screen.
  6. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    A year ago I had to split the cases on my 2006 SM610. I found most everything readily available. I had to wait for a cam chain gear screw (why is it not called a bolt????) that had stripped during dis-assembly. I ordered it and the promised week came and went. I started to check around as it was the only thing holding up my reassembly and was being impatient. I Found it in stock at Malcolm smiths but got notice it had shipped that same day so waited for the mail.

That SM610 was the reason I bought my 2011 TE630 three weeks ago. My 630 needed some small stuff like grommets, tank flaps (little covers over the screws on the gas tank), and I wanted a scratch free front fender to put my own scratches on. I ordered from Halls and most stuff was in stock (front fender was too) and the B/O stuff (grommets?) came in a few days. It all shipped 2 days ago. total wait time one week and that was during thanksgiving week!!!

When deciding on the 630 and sorting through its competing one of the concerns was fear of parts availability. So far I have not had any issues and I have heard of similar parts availability problems with Japanese bikes so I don't think Husky is far from the norm with parts availability, maybe just selection of where to get them.

Funny thing is my last few parts for the 610 came packed in KTM wrapping....I would have thought they would still mark it Husky, doesn't matter really
  7. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Similar issues here with parts for my 630. Most things I've been able to get quickly. I did have to wait about 6 weeks for a brass clutch bushing, the little sealing washers under valve cover bolts, backordered, as well as the oil filter cover gasket.
  8. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Sounds reasonable. I guess I'm keeping mine then. Still have a few more payments... :busted:

BTW, is that husky-rips guy from TT on here?
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    That's a really good question.
    Also I don't think SWM bought the rights, I'm pretty sure that Mototalia never sold them in the first place. And I wouldn't be suprised if they are the actual manufacture for the IT Husqvarna parts as well.
  10. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I've wondered about that myself, but then concluded that if he was it would be really obvious. :)
  11. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Nuda 900R & SM630
    Well if anyone wants to know if a part for the 630 is on stock at the factory then I can help? I have acces to the stock module.
    BiG DoM, Centerline and XLEnduroMan like this.
  12. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    LOL. Well, that's true. He has tens of thousands of posts on TT. Unfortunately I tend to agree with him most of the time. :excuseme:

My understanding is the actual Husqvarna plant in Italy was sold to a Chinese group and the original workers hired back. Everything in tact, since BMW didn't want any of it anyway, and it seems KTM is going a different direction with the marque as well - which I also don't agree with. But then I'm just a nobody. LOL.

I'm seeing spitting images of husky bikes with SWM nameplates on them, even the red-head 630 model. I think it all bodes well to being able to continue to get parts for these bikes well into the future.

Fortunately there are a lot of universal parts on them so common wear things are easily sourced. I just installed new chain and sprockets on mine for a really good price, stuff came from amazon. Whoot!
  13. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Which factory? KTM parts distribution?
    I'm confuzzled... :D

Good to know though...
  14. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    I'm really curious of the reason why KTM bought Husky.
    Was that to counter a thread from the enduro machines? (A 300 WR did very well at one of the Red Bull Maniac enduro in 2013)
    Besides that, it looks to me that it was just to get the name and put it on the Husaberg line.
  15. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    It made absolutely no sense to me either, but then since they already bought Husaberg, why not? But then to do away with Husaberg and make it Husqvarna? Made even less sense. The 'berg name was just getting to be where it was a respected marque.

What I find most fantastic is that the racing four stroke technology all came from the original Husqvarna. Then through Husaberg, trickling down to KTM. There was no four-stroke KTM 'till Husaberg came along. WP suspension too. KTM afficiados beat their chest about how great the orange bikes are. They can thank the engineers at Husqvarna for that. ;)

John Penton is what made KTM what it is. If not for him they would still be building scooters and bicycles.

What an incestuous industry.
    EricV likes this.
  16. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
  17. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You hit the nail on the head, KTM bought husky just for the Husqvarna name, funny thing is they really just get the rights to use it on motorcycles since the name is still owned by the Swedes and just liscened out for motorcycles.
  18. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yessir! :P Give me a part number and I can tell you if it is on stock.
  19. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Still have to figure out how to edit messages... But I have a contact that has access to the KTM module. So if I need to know availability for an order then I can ask him.
    Centerline likes this.
  20. ridgerunner1061 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE 501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 Vulcan 900 2010 WR250r
    Hey Everyone:
    It can take awhile to get parts for the 630. My 630 and myself were hit by a Yamaha Rhino last April. Pretty much the left side of my bike had to be replaced and some of the parts were in Italy. It took my shop until September to get all the parts needed and get the bike reassembled. My TE is 2011 and my left tank shroud is now a 2012 and there is a difference. Bottom Line you can get the parts it just may take awhile.