Te630 Low End Stuttering And Now Not Starting

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kawikab, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Kawikab Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te630
    Hi All,

My 2011 TE630 starting stuttering a couple of weeks ago, I thought it may have always been there(wasn't sure as doubt crept into my mind), however now the bike won't start. I just rode it 3 days ago, it had that low end hesitation, I went from 3 to 4 on the green on my JD tuner. Took it for a test ride and half way up the block the bike died. I tried to start it to no avail. I thought it may be a finally gone dead lithium battery. So I purchased a new one. But nope, bike just won't start. Just turns overs. Even if I spray starter fluid in the intake it just cranks. So what I haven't checked yet is 1) spark 2) compression. I will have to rule those out, but I have no idea how to test and see if it is the ECU. Any suggestions on the "checking process" would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Kawikab Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te630
    Ok, checked the spark and I do see spark, very black plug however. But I can't imagine that in and of itself would indicate a "no-start". One thing I am realizing is: "How do I adjust the JD tuner with the engine off so I can back out the idle and low end fuel mixture?". Any ideas are appreciated, I am feeling a bit stumped as I have fuel and I have spark.
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Sensors can foul things up. Tip over, temperature
  4. Kawikab Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te630
    So after replacing the spark plug and killing my battery. I finally got the bike to start. I got it to start by just "slightly" pulling the choke/fast start/cold start lever/enrichener lever(whatever you prefer to call it). I de-tuned my JD Tuner back to all stock settings(4 across the board) and figured I would begin anew. Once the bike warmed up, it starts no problem. I suppose it is time I checked the valves again. My last check was only 900 miles ago and I only have 2900 miles on the bike. Previous owner didn't really ride it. One item of note as I run through the previous owners notes on the bike is that he wrote down "Repair Auto Descompression(Hardstart)". I feel like this could be path for me as I notice the bike has a very hard time cranking over particularly when I pull that lever - it is as if the exhaust valve doesn't open - the engine practically stops during the starting process. This website seems to be a good way to keep a journal. LOL
  5. Kawikab Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te630
    Quick update: valve check as the logical next step and everything checked out. ER=.18 EL=.15 IR=.12 IL=.13 Before I took the tank off and check the valves I tried to start her up to no avail. Decided to pause for the night and will check on the Auto Decompression tomorrow. I gave it a quick wiggle this evening and noticed the decompression(cam) moved back and forth. However, I didn't rotate the engine and watch the valve. Time to hit the sack....
  6. Kawikab Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te630
    Thanks Glangston, once I check this decompression situation I'm opening the manual and checking all the sensors I can find.
  7. Kawikab Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te630
    Just an update: I ended up taking it down to Motoxotica in Vacaville Ca. They confirmed what I suspected - the auto decompression cam. The bike once again runs fantastic.
    DYNOBOB likes this.