TE630 don't start / defaut code

Discussion in '610/630' started by roamine, Mar 26, 2021.

1. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Hello All,
    First issue with my TE 630! 10000km.
    All was fine every day, and this morning, starter and cranking is good and powerful but the engine won't start even if close...
    Spark OK
    Spark very wet so gas incoming OK
    Battery fully charged
    TPS reset
    Explosion in the exhaust if I maintain too long the starter.
    I am going to disconect the JDtuner to be sure this is not the guilty.
    No under rain riding/No recent washing so I don't understand why this issue, from one day to the next.

Basically the engine is very close to fire but nothing.
    Hopefully to guide a bit, I got 3 fault codes but I cannot explain which system is problematic according to this...
    Here is a video to better explain the starting issue and the code on Ibeat.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCC34DhEuk

[IMG]

Any fault code expert ?! Feedback on the same issue?

thank you
  2. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 600 f
    I would guess thats a faulty M.A.Q.S sensor. It's the sensor on the throttle body, it measures the air pressure and temperature and the throttle position. Or simply the connector of that sensor is bad.
  3. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Thank you, I actually focus gradually in that direction, Manifold air pressure seems to be the only value which not varies in Ibeat => 96.4 since the problem, at every Ibeat connection.
    Today issue is that I can't remove the MAQS sensor (CPS, TPS MAQS etc I am a bit lost with this definitions), screws are like torx with a pin in the middle, weird. Hope I can find the aftermarket MAQS Part number or equivalent...
  4. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Those are security Torx screws, supposed to be tamper proof. You can buy bits or keys everywhere.
  5. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Had similar issues with my bike, replaced M.A.Q.S. but issue still there. Disassembled the connector itself to find that the connector was full of water. Completely dry n the outside as all the seals did a great job holding the water in. Dried it out and reassembled it packed full of dielectric grease.
  6. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Good to know !
    Do you mean the white 5 pins connector under the MAQS?
  7. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 600 f
    Yes it's the white connector on the left side. If you look at it closely you'll see that it's actually up-side down, so water can flow into it and mess things up.

Funny thing is I removed that sensor a few years ago and I didn't realize that it's security torx. But that means my torx bit set is good for those. :D

M.A.Q.S means Modularized Air Quantity Sensor so it measures the air volume that enters the engine plus the throttle (butterfly valve) postition.

Edit: Btw Yamaha YBR125 and YZF125R seems to have very similar sensors. Might work if it needs to be changed.
  8. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I have removed the white connector and all is dry, even with WD40, same issue. Before ordering a new TPS I will check all the harness to be sure no short circuit or chaffing and of course check the TPS itself. Only the Manifold pressure is frozen on Ibeat.

For YBR some people say the current in reversed, fake? maybe they did not calibrate the new TPS I don't know. But this is my only solution, TB is sold in one part, 800$)
  9. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
  10. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

11. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA

I would like once and for all to clarify the compatibility of the yamaha 125 cc spare part. For this I put a photo of my MASQ of my TE taken from the connector part and of the one sold as a spare part for yamaha on ebay .. For me they are IDENTICAL foto 1_vtgma_usato.jpg Il mio MAQS2 VTGMA.jpg

The opinion is yours
  12. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    Make sure that the wiring of the white connector isn’t damaged the whole way through.
    I’ve had to change part or the wiring cause it was gone bad because of the water infiltration.
    If you put another sensor on, check if it isn’t in reverse order by opening the gas throttle.
    I bought a lot of ‘replacement’ sensors but they were all in reverse.
    Good luck!
  13. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
  14. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Good news, before checking ellectrically the MAQS I change the spark by a new one (even if I see sparks) and it starts finally !!

Weird to have this 3 fault codes just for a spark but anyway, problem is solved :)