TE630 Britannia Fairing

Discussion in '610/630' started by Eoin, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I picked this up off the classifieds here and just got round to viting it (virus extra free time bonus). It was cheap, but needed a bit of work to fix a damage lamp holder frame, broken screen slider fixings and a scratched screen. The dash appeared unused, I had to drill it to fit the Husky dash and a power socket. I had to get a correct dipping lamp as the original was set up for right hand traffic. Set up the lights this evening, so ready to go. The LED main beam certainly seems bright enough.

Britannia Screen Up.jpg

Britannia Screen Down.jpg
  2. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Showing the main beam on.

Britannia Main Beam Side.jpg

Britannia Main Beam Front.jpg
    KayDubbya likes this.
  3. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Dash board layout.

Britannia Dash.jpg
  4. KayDubbya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS
    Nice clean layout. I love my Lynx fairing, though it's a bit more crowded then yours.
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    What else do you have on yours? I thought about a second power outlet, but it's not needed at the moment. I also got a GPS mount with the fairing, but tend to use my phone and the quadlock on the bars as I can get full detailled OS maps on that. I thought about moving the quadlock to the dash, but the lip at the top makes it hard to position the phone as in latches with a 45 degree rotation. Problems to worry about later, no riding for now anyway.
  6. KayDubbya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS
    20190809_183242.jpg
    Here's my current setup.

At the top is my phone which I use for all my GPS navigation as well as music. Below that is the stock dash cluster which is now only used for tachometer and the indicator light. (Fuel, turn signals, high beams) and below that is a Trailtech Striker that gives me speed, distance, voltage, temperature, etc. On the upper right is a dual USB port with a second voltage monitor. The Striker connects directly to the battery and the secondary one monitors voltage at the instruments. Top left I have installed a switch so that I can install an additional powered device (future light bar, maybe) and before that is the heated grips controller. On the left side of the dash I have a SAE port that is connected directly to the battery. It allows me to plug a battery tender into the bike for charging or plug a tire inflator in while I'm on the trail. Great for fixing flats or for airing up or down for different terrain. The right side of the dash is where I've installed the ignition switch.
    Eoin likes this.