TE610 very difficult to start or remain running

Discussion in '610/630' started by Baroquenride, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Baroquenride Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800
    Basically, my fuel pump went out for good on the last ride. I pulled it off while everyone was having lunch and checked the pump directly to the battery and got no movement at all so I bought 2 different pumps on Ebay. (Same pump, but from different suppliers, one with extra screens and parts.) I just installed the pump and I can hear it operating just fine it seems, however the bike is very difficult to start and I have to have the start lever all the way on. If I push it back to normal position the bike idles very low and almost wants to quit. If I add throttle, it will die if I don't add it gently. Everything ran perfectly fine on the last ride and the only thing that failed was the fuel pump itself. So something clearly isn't right and I'm not sure if it's my fuel line routing or the new fuel pump itself.

To me, it sounds like the bike is very lean and I've got blockage somewhere, but everything looks normal including the pump screen at the bottom.

I see a few other threads with similar experiences it seems. I'm kinda wondering if I might have a sensor out also? Fuel injector clogged? The thing is, the bike ran fine for 1/2 a day out in the middle of nowhere....
  2. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    perhaps, in addition to the fuel pump, it has the coolant temperature sensor that does not work well.
    do not you have a flashing light that detects the problem?
  3. Baroquenride Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800
    No flashing neutral light.
  4. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles: