TE610 2000 Wiring

Discussion in '610/630' started by knucklehead, Apr 6, 2021.

1. knucklehead Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XS 650
    Hey just to make sure is this correct way to do wiring, someone else has built this bike and the wiring is pretty stripped. And I can just find bad quality picture diagrams so little help would be nice! It gives spark, but I'm not sure about the lights.

Engine is year 2000, left kicker, no e-start, no battery.
    Stator gives: Red, Green, Black and two yellow wires.

Two yellow wires go in to one, then to regulator and then rear and front lights - 12V?
    red and green goes straight to cdi - spark timing / pick up / advance?
    black goes to key and then to coil - Ground?

Coil has orange wire as well, but doesn't go anywhere? is it for Tachometer?

thank you :)
  2. knucklehead Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XS 650
    also I'm confused is it AC or DC? some people say stock harness is DC, some say AC..
  3. The Old Husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 610, 1990 EML Husqvarna
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 TM MX125
    I can only say mine is AC. I tried to make it DC for my Audi style LED running indicators, but he blown them all 4 up in 2 corners right and one left. So is am back to the original bulb indicators. I could not find any information on his electrics. Even Ben van Erp, THE Husqvarna authority in the Netherlands said this information is very hard to get, if to get at all.

I have a 2000 TE-610 too. (2001 on the papers)

The SM-610 E and TE-610 E is DC from factory because it has electric start and a battery. The 610 kicker is way more powerful and crude and i am afraid the wiring can not be exchanged with the TE-610 E version from the same year. Mine is a former competition super moto, the SM-610 E version is 50-50 road - circuit super moto which is a way different bike with and other engine and way different gearing. The same story, but then in enduro goes for the TE-610 E version. Only his plastics look the same, but that's all.

Black is mass, and Yellow is live. At least at mine, which originate from Italy and is later imported in the Netherlands. So it is not a bike aimed to the Dutch market when new.

I don't have and orange wire coming from the coil.
  4. knucklehead Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XS 650
    Hmm yes very interesting. My bike is from 1993 and new engine year 2000. Also Im wondering why there is two yellow wires coming from stator. Well I continue searching, thank you for answering.
    I also found one diagram

Attached Files:

5. The Old Husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 610, 1990 EML Husqvarna
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 TM MX125
    Keep in mind this ones are made by Cagiva, not KTM.
  6. knucklehead Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XS 650
    Yes but this is the coil I have. Its used on ktm, husaberg, husqvarna, caviga etc. Same part number.