1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te511 racemap 3?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Fawnzyyy, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Fawnzyyy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te511
    Could anyone tell me what the advantages of getting race map 3 on my ecu are? Ive searched and cant find anything saying what the difference is. My bike runs good and has no problems, but if it will improve something id like to do it. I also have a jd tuner that was put on by the previous owner will i have to adjust that if i get the reflash? Racemap 2 shows on the dash so im assuming it has the power up plug, unless the fmf pipe makes it switch to that.
  2. gillies Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    '09 R1200GSA
    Map 2 and the JD is a good setup. I've run it for five years with no problems.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Map 3 is more rich on the bottom where the stock map is too lean in order to pass emissions specs, plus it's got a better overall fuel curve to compensate for more open exhaust. The JD is helping by adding fuel so it runs better than bone stock, but if you were to run it with map 3 you'll see some performance gain. Not tons mind you, but much smoother transition through the power band that you can improve with the JD.

If MapII is on the dash the under seat jumper is installed allowing the slightly richer, but poor stock map on the ECU to run.

I ran the JD for almost 2 years because my 2011ECU is locked and you can't upload map 3. I finally went to a PCV and ended up giving my JD away as it was given to me.

If i were in your shoes, I would get Map 3 and then see how the bike runs. The JD instructions have settings for open pipes like the FMF so you always have a baseline to go back to if you forget to write down the settings you're running now.
  4. Fawnzyyy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te511

Mine is a 2011 also does that mean mine is locked aswell? I honestly dont have any idea on how to work the JD, was on when i bought it have no idea what the settings are. Im half afraid to mess with it and having it not run right. I called zipty the other day and got a lady on the phone who couldnt answer any of my questions, any idea how long it would take to get my ecu back from them? Their a ways away from me and id hate to not have an ecu for weeks or longer.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It might have been just the 449. Way I heard it was they used a batch of leftover BMW g450 ECUs on some of the early production bikes. It might explain why I never had the really nasty cough and stall some people had.

I found this post with the instructions for ya. JD Jetting Power Surge 6X FI Tuner

It's for a Te 250/310 but the basic setting are the same. That's why I mentioned writing the current settings down before messing with it.

I'll check with Ty and let you know. Kim is the one who is good with quick answers, but she's not there every day because she runs Rescue 3 for races. The other ladies try, but they aren't as bike saavy.
  6. Fawnzyyy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te511

Thanks alot!