TE511: power-up plug, JD tuner or Power Commander V

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by New511Guy, Nov 9, 2013.

1. New511Guy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
    OK, new bike for me. 2013 TE511.
    What I've done so far: Got the power up plug from the dealer and installed it. Removed charcoal canister. Purchased and waiting to receive my FMF Powercore 4 slip on.

Question: What does the a JD tuner or PCV do that the power up plug doesn't? Is it just a matter of programmability, or do they increase performance over the simple power-up plug.

With just the power up plug and stock exhaust, the dash/speedo (whatever) reads "Race Map II". Is there a Race Map III or 1 or 4?

I've got lots more questions but I'll start with this one.
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Go to the 4 Stroke section and you will find a sticky post 449/511 Guide.
  3. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sold TriumphTiger800xcx, TR650 Terra
    I do not see anything stickies. Would I missing some thing about the sticky post 449/511?

Edit: realized my computer was not signed in and seeing the stickies when I looked. /Then signed in and found them.
  4. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Saw your other post on the voyager...can't help with that, there should be lots of posts about 449/511 set up in 4 stroke section. Dash will read map 1 or 2 and 2 is power up mode. You can have your ecu reflashed to map 3 or akropovic open map I believe it is called. Your dash will still read map 2 even though your in reflash or map 3 mode. Ziptyracing may still offer map 3 reflash, fmf will definitely make it run way better. I would call Ziptyracing they are very familiar with this bike and can dial you in. I had 2013 449 and 511, took smog junk off reflashed ecu map 3 installed fmf slip on and both ran good. There's also tons of info about flameouts on here and removing butterfly, they are a quirky beast imo but look back thru the husqvarna Italy 4 stroke threads I think everything about these bikes were discussed there
  5. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Teambowles,

Thank you for the help.I realized after a little while my account would be signed off and I had sign back in to see the stickies. lol Actually, the bike has everything from zipty racing, scotts steering stabilizer, akroprovic muffler, and a power commander with auto tune. The voyager shows tune 2 in the top right hand corner of the screen. In the other post on the voyager I found a possible solution I am looking into as we speak. I will need to start figuring out the power commander and auto tune. The owner flashed the power commander not sure which tune and installed the auto tuner. I do not think the A/F ratios have been messed with to help dial the auto tuner in since it has been installed 1.5 hours ago on the bike with welded wideband o2 sensor. I have spoke with Jeremy with zipty about my bike and he has helped a lot over the last 2 days. The bike about 10 hours ago had a full suspension service by zipty and set for 275lbs and lowered a inch in the back. Luckily I am 260 lbs and will carry 15 lbs in a military style harness backpack with hydration pack. For the most part the bike is dialed and just needs minors tweaks to be finished perfectly.
    Teambowles likes this.
  6. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Awesome glad to hear all that. If Ziptyracing had their hands on your bike I bet you'll be good to go or if PO went thru them all should be good. Never messed with power commander or auto tune. R Little on here has a lot of experience with those I think maybe pm him or a few others like danger mouse and a few more. Good luck and enjoy
  7. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you and good information Teambowles!
  8. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I searched the member names and did not find a R Little? Could it be under a different screen name?
  9. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    R_Little or trenchcoat85 or dangermousse all awesome members with lots of info
  10. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    well, thanks... but I definitely would not consider myself a 449/511 expert. My kid has one (JD, Q4, head vent, de-smogged) and it is a total rocketship with instantaneous throttle response. So much so that I bought a 310 instead when I could've gotten a 449 for the same price.

Dangermouse (the australian one... there used to be someone from NJ too) would be the go-to guy for these bikes. He also runs the FB group I believe. I hate to drive traffic away from CH, but you might wanna check it out.

I will say these are great bikes with strong motors. Do the rotor bolt change (cheap, fast), head crankcase vent, and maybe remove the fly-by-wire throttle plate (although my kid's is still in and he as no issues on his '12 511) and you should be pretty happy.

good luck.
  11. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you Trenchcoat85.

This bike for the most part is sorted out. Just needs to be dialed in. The stator bolts have been changed to arp with locktite, It has all zipty products. Crankcase breather, oil filter cap, gas cap, had oil screen plugs but they stripped out and went back to factory oil plugs, original owner changed oil every ride or every 5 hours. I think on this bike that is over kill but it was changed like the other dirt bikes they have. The secondary throttle plate was removed as well.

So this leaves the fine tuning part just to wrap up dialing the bike in. I think I will start a new thread to keep track as I go Instead of adding to this thread. Unless it is power commander related.
    Teambowles likes this.
  12. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Shoot man it already sounds dialed in nicely!
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  13. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pretty close. I think it is running a little rich but needs to be ridden more than the 6 miles I did today. Stalled at stop lights when I had to wait. I think this can be fixed and may not be fueling related. Clutch maybe dragging just a bit and maybe need to turn the idle up some when I get a tachometer going to see.

Any one using a power commander?
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I have a PCV w/o AutoTune. The 2011 ECU is locked for reflash using the HST so I set one up on my bike with a pretty agressive map that was originally setup by Tinken who used to work at ZipTy. If the PO gave you the software and cable for it, you should be able to hook up to it while it's running and make sure everything is working properly.

There are many factors that can be adjusted other than just fuel cells. You can add fuel off the bottom with the "fuel pump function" advance timing, and other stuff. You can also read what map is installed and load a second map that can be accessed with a handlebar mounted switch.
  15. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well the Po did not give me software or cable for it. So i will have to look into that. I did print off the manuals for most things though. I tend to make a 3 ring binder and print all the manuals for reference. So far got the scotts steering dampener, husqvarna workshop manual, and Trail tech Voyager manual.
  16. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
  17. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
  18. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
  19. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is awesome thanks guys! I noticed on the power commander sight you plug your laptop in with a usb cable? I thought I would run it for several hours before i looked into hooking up the power commander. give the auto tune time to work. Then check it. Although I have no idea what tune is on the bike. So I will be ordering a usb cable. Ironically I do not have one. Have a billion other cables for everything. Next step is to look into the software. i think in the next couple days I need to pull the serial numbers of the power commander and auto tune mdoule and send a email to power commander on how to get the software. I watched the video of how to load each module and the wiring earlier today.