1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE511 Decat vs FMF PCore 4

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by SilveradoSunday, Dec 12, 2014.

1. SilveradoSunday Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE511
    I have reviewed all the threads that I can find in CH. Here is my remaining question/ decision and I would like any input that you have:

For my 2013 TE511 is it best to:

- simply purchase a FMF Powercore 4 muffler (about $250.00) and hope that it is not too loud so that I don't have to deal with inserts. And just store the stock muffler in case the CA air resource board ever needs to see it back on the bike?

- decat the stock muffler (no real cost) other than blades, etc. It sounds like there is noticeable difference in power without much increase in noise. And just hope that CARB doesn't ever start smogging bikes?

Please advise.

Thanks
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    • Powercore 4 is ridiculously loud and requires an insert, but it is inexpensive.

• De-catting is a huge pita, remains quiet and is 12lbs of high center of gravity weight.

• Akropovic is pretty quiet, and very light weight, yet ridiculously expensive (my silencer alone was $900).

• ProCircuit's pipe is not as loud as the FMF, light weight and will probably cost you $400 when it becomes available.
    Motosportz and Daveb511 like this.
  3. tonskiguy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    1986 Yam XT350
    I'd de-cat the stocker. Nothing to lose.
  4. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I agree on all accounts. I have the PowerCore 4 and I could feel the weight difference. But I can here my bike echoing off the hills. The stock one is too heavy to even bother with. If I can get a couple hundred for my pipe when the ProCircuit is available I'll switch a heart beat.

On a side note, my 2 Stroke biased buddy and I are always talking about how loud 4 strokes are. He was over last night and we were comparing my idling TE511 to my idling WR250 in the garage with the door open. Almost negligible difference between the two idling bikes. But crack the throttle and you'd better hold your ears when cracking the TE511. Man does that thing bark. Hard-core! Not even close to the WR250.
  5. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    i go riding with Guys on Bergs with Akropovic pipes and both bikes are noisy either way... leave the spark arrestor in and you be ok.
    FMF 4 all the way. nothing to loose . You can't beat that price and performance you get for it. Weight and power... just so much better.
  6. Daveb511 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350 exc
    I had a powercore 4. Way to loud even with inserts!
  7. Normann Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 MY2012
  8. dannydowell Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husky TXC 511.
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WXC 610 and a 2001 TE 400
    i removed the cat in my 2012....way better. removed spark screen...better yet.
  9. Rickyticky Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna te511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 KTM 450 mtc
    Go for the FMF megabomb system worth every penny. I did the whole decat on my stock muffler (not worth the time, sounded like a rattling tin can afterwards). With race map 2 and FMF megabomb the bike is unleashed and a monster. Cant wait to have zipty racemap 3 it cant imagine needing more power but why not take it all the way
  10. SilveradoSunday Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE511
    Thanks for your replies everyone. Have a great holiday season!

Chuck
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Whatever you do, as Tinken said you may be better off not going to the trouble of de-catting the stock pipe. For us Commifornians, it may just be a matter of time before they make our DS bikes pass visual and measurement style smog inspections. I hope to be gone by then, but just in case I waited for the right deal to come along for an Akro slip on and called it a day.

I've heard my share of loud FMF pipes with the "quiet core" and it's still ridiculous. The Lafarconni is quietly collecting dust on the shelf near the smog can in case of oppressive emmissions in the future.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  12. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I should add to this. I have the FMF PowerCore 4 WITH Quiet Insert. And it's still unreasonably loud.
    Daveb511 and tonskiguy like this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Tinken nailed it. Toss the stocker, big and heavy. I had really good luck with my Barrett muffler I hacked on there with the stock header. Added power, was lighter, looked good. I now run a FMF powerbomb / muffler because Tinken made me :). Is lighter, makes more power, bike runs great, almost to loud but tolerable. My 511 is stupid fast right now. Makes my buddies 07 YZF450 feel slow. :eek:
  14. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    FMF is loud mother F%@!@.

I got mine on here for 175$ because the gentleman thought it was too loud with the quiet insert installed. Problem is that the quiet insert really kills the high rpm power. The loudness is about right. I tossed it quickly and run it open. Right now with all the mods my bike pulls flat from 6-7k up to the rev limiter. IT really does not taper off too much.

With the decatted stocker I never knew there was a rev limiter (couldnt even rev that high)