1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE450 wont go into neutral

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by ScottNM, May 14, 2011.

1. ScottNM Husqvarna
    C Class

My 2004 TE450 will not go into neutral when warm. It goes from 1st to second without finding neutral. Is that a bearing, gear or shim maybe?
  2. zeddy Husqvarna
    AA Class

I find mine is like that as well, especially when it is running. When it is not it, it is easier. I think it has something to do with my slight clutch drag
  3. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

sitting still or moving??? Hard to get any motorcycle to neutral, sitting still & engine running. I can find "N" very easily while still rolling to a stop or kill the motor & "N" is there. [IMG]
  4. Wadda Husqvarna
    C Class

My 2004 250 is the same really hard to get neutral.
  5. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Make sure the drive chain isnt too tight,beleive it or not we found this to be the problem many times,also oil level too high.We really havent had this problem with the 04-10 motors?Air in the clutch or some aftermarket levers do not adjust correctly and a worn clutch basket can do it also.Hope it helps
  6. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    My 07 TC 250 is the same way - tough to find neutral when running. Most time i just stall the bike and use my hand to get to neutral so i can kick it again. Thought that was just normal for the type of bike - My street SV is sure easy to find. Just the way they are made i guess.
  7. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

My 09 510SMR is finding neutral easier as it's run in. My only gripe is that the digital display is about 2 secs behind me engaging neutral. No big deal but so used to an immediate green light saying dump that clutch.