1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE450 Neutral Light Stays on.... :/

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tcops, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Tcops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    08 450 with a bit of an odd problem - the neutral light stays on and does a single regular blink every 3 seconds or so, while stationary, or while running up the road.

Ibeat shows no error codes, and its not the same flash as when there is a code anyway as its mainly staying on.

Also ibeat shows when the gearchange is moved, ie 1-N-2-3-4-5-6 so that would suggest the gear detecting circuitry is all working correctly!

Any ideas??
  2. Lon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE511
    You sure the green light is not the indicators? I got caught out with that on my 09 TE450. Always thought the green was indicators, Blue high beam, orange fuel low/reserve.
  3. Tcops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Ah no its definitely the neutral light...
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Have you checked the wiring from the sensor by the shifter for any chaffing or loose wires? Have you inspected the wiring harness at all?
  5. Tcops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    What is up with this site I post a reply and several days later its still waiting approval... I'm clearly not spam :/

Yes I have checked the wiring, and checked the resistance of each gear position at the ECU plug so am "reasonably" confident that the wiring is ok.
  6. Pinepig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 610sm
    My wifes 250 had that problem.

Check the tip over sensor delete resistor pack ( tip over sensor was 510smr only ).

When I pulled the cover off the thing it looked like this, see the problem.

[IMG]

I just went down to frys after measuring the resistors in there, bought some new ones and soldered them in.
    268fords likes this.
  7. Tcops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Ah, interesting, thanks! Will report back.....