1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te450 2009 Poor Running When Hot !

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Finny, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Finny Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada
    Recent purchase starts & runs perfect but shuts down when hot. Wait for 10 minutes & will restart & run until it gets hot again. Checking through possible issues but still no joy. I see this can be common. Could it be the fuel pump failing & getting hot internally? any assistance here on the process on what to check would be awesome.
  2. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Fuel pump is only what comes in my mind...If you are taking fuel pump out and change it, i would tape some that heat wrap under the fuel tank, so it would protect from engine heat.
  3. Finny Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada
    Thanks for your reply. I have ordered a new fuel pump as i think its on the way out. at least i don't get tired as i have a forced break about every 15kms ! Will update when I find a solution.
  4. Finny Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada
    Just an update. Replaced the fuel pump. No change! Replaced the temp sensor. No Change ! Replaced the coil ,lead & plug. No change! So when the fan cuts in, soon after the bike misfires & then runs poorly or stops. Leave it for 10 minute & all running perfect until soon after it gets hot & repeats the poor running & stops. Do you think the stator is being affected by the heat & starts to fail ? Cheers guys any thoughts ? Finny
  5. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Stator could be a possibility. Have you monitored your voltage when this happens? If the voltage is dropping below 9.0-9.5 volts, the bike won’t run.
  6. Dan131.2013 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    My 2 stroke is suffering from a similar problem.
    Starts and runs well, and after 10 minutes it’s cutting in and out like someone is pressing the kill switch.

From all my research the stator sounds like the most likely culprit, or if you’re lucky the coil. But I see you have already tried that.

As I say, mine is a 2 stroke wr 250 which solely relies on the stator to make a spark as it has no battery. Not sure if it would have the same effect on a 4 stroke.
  7. Finny Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada
    Update on my issue! Purchased an aftermarket stator & sensor. Ran the bike till hot but didn't have a chance to fully test under the same snotty tracks when it was occurring but seems promising. Hopefully out today to test ! Fingers crossed.
    Mik-3 and 268fords like this.
  8. Finny Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada
    Well that didn't sort the problem ! Running out of ideas other than can the fuel injector get affected by heat ? Other than that the ECU also ? Any assistance would be appreciated. Regards Finny
  9. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    In this case to me it would be best to take in some shop what can help, i mean it is easy to comment what parts can should change...When it looks like you have change all those key component but, only what is not change is ECU.
  10. Finny Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada
    Thanks for your reply. Just need to find someone in Australia that can assist. The few shops i have been in touch with have wiped yheir hands of these models as KTM is backing them with spares. I will get there but just a process. Cheers Finny
    Mik-3 likes this.
  11. timthewrench Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 KTM XCF-w 350
    I'm curious if you ever resolved this issue ? I'm having a similar issue.. I have IBEATS but having trouble getting the correct diagnostic connecter