1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE449 lower shock needle bearing aftermarket option?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mac, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Anyone ever tried getting hold of an aftermarket needle bearing for the lower shock bearing on a 449? Bearing and seals going to cost me $100 ($60+ for the bearing) here in Australia which is a bit steep. Plenty of info on linkage bearings for the 250 / 310 but can't find anything for the 449 / 511.
  2. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Just cleaned up the shell and revealed this is a Koyo brand bearing PN: 20BM2616

They have an office near my work so will check out on Monday. Part is listed on their website. What's the bet if I can get just 1 pc it won't be $60+ !!
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Find out what it is and buy it from a bearing supplier.
  4. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Awesome.

Koyo bearing (same part number / brand as factory) $16 - Husky part $62

Radial seals $3 each - Husky part $18 each

By the way this is no reflection on any Husky dealer. I'm sure they would not be working on huge parts margins from the agent / manufacturer as nobody does these days.
    bax3, TE in RC and B_M_F like this.
  5. motomanic Husqvarna
    A Class

DOES THIS INCLUDE THE INNER SLEEVE?
  6. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Unfortunately no. Mine was in perfect condition (swapped shock with a mate and kept my small parts) so was no need to search this out. I would be assuming a finish ground and polished, case hardened 20mm steel sleeve would be the go but hard to find off the shelf. A 20mm piston wrist pin would be great but you won't find one with enough wall thickness to match the ID hole.
  7. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    I actually don't remember seeing a husky parts listing for it either
  8. motomanic Husqvarna
    A Class

I was quoted about £40.00 for the bearing as the parts catalogue with 2 seals by a dealer, 8000 H6121 bearing and 8000 H6122 seals x2. I bought the bearing for about £5, but no centre, I think this is unique to Husky hence the price, as any inner sleeve could come with a variety of sizes for the centre hole.So I thought I was going to save a few quid but still ended up ordering from Husky.
    While on the subject of bearings, if the bottom shock bearing has worn (probably from water ingress) check the swing arm/frame bearings as they were also worn on mine as well as rear wheel bearings, bit of an expensive time, all bought about by taking it apart to fit a 14T sprocket. Why don't Husky sell the wheel bearings as a kit like KTM, the bearings and seals were in stock, but no wheel spacers which I was recommended to change at the same time.
  9. Stukey Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    And the wheel spacers are bloody expensive at close to $80.00 a pair. Is a joke!!!
  10. GFJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te449, TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    G650 xChallenge (x2), R1200RT, C90
  11. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The inner sleeve number is in the later model parts lists 2012-2013 models.
    It's not shown separate in the early list.

We have an alternative parts list pdf on our Facebook 449-511 Owners page of you wish to join that.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/219900571553501/