1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE449 Low Fuel light stays on

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Martillo Dave, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Martillo Dave Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF 230F
    Hey everyone,
    My low fuel light is constantly on, even when the tank is full. I've been ignoring it (and just using the odometer to keep track of my fuel), but ran out of gas recently and need to fix it. Anyone have this problem? Any recommendations? Thanks!
  2. Robear Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Yamaha R1
    I'm having the same issue. I replaced my fuel pump and filter but it didn't fix the problem. I heard somewhere about replacing the relays. Can't seem to find it now. Good luck
    Martillo Dave likes this.
  3. Martillo Dave Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF 230F
    Nobody else has had this problem with their TE449/511???
  4. Robear Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Yamaha R1
    Update on mine. I replace the Water temp sensor and did an oil change. couldn't get it started due to my battery going bad. Plan on replacing spark plug and fuel injector soon.
  5. Martillo Dave Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF 230F
    Nobody with this problem? Guess I'm alone on this...:excuseme:
  6. Remy_32 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    Hi! I have the same problem on full Stock te449! Did you have some news? is it still on?
    There is some similar trouble with te310 or te250, try reading this:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/fuel-reserve-light-refuses-to-go-off.11695/

I will test that (unplugging fuel pump to test if it stays on and then finding this famous resistor...)

I will let you know if it works or not...
  7. WWWRU Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Mine comes on after I wash the bike and then it goes away after the bike is dry. Makes me believe that it is some sort of a short. This does not happen when the area around the instrument cluster stays dry......
  8. Remy_32 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    Hi!

In my case even if the Fuel pump connector is unplugged, the low fuel light is still on. So I search for the famous resistor and found it in the wiring harness of the dashboard (vehicle side). I had to cut open the wiring harness to access it.
    It seems that the resistor has suffered a lot from the infiltration of moisture and dust. I will go for a new resitor and let you know if it works or not.

@WWWRU My wiring harnesses were wet inside (I rode under the rain 1week ago) so you are right, probably there is a short somewhere due to water infiltration!
    IMG_20191008_065147.jpg Vehicle wiring MY2012.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Remy_32 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    Hi! My old resistor is a 100ohms one.
    I have tested the low fuel light with a 220ohm resistor (the only one i had ) and the light goes off!
    I will make a good connection and let you know if it goes on with low fuel...
  10. Martillo Dave Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF 230F
    Outstanding! I really appreciate you sharing your findings. Good luck!
  11. Dustdevil Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE450
    I am finding it sometimes pays to be a pioneer with these bikes, especially on the electrical gremlins. I'm sure others have had the same problem. They just aren't here on this message board at this moment in time. My issue is with the same circuit, but it's a different problem. My low fuel sensor broke loose from its mount, and wouldn't be working at all. For the time being, I have zip tied it securely to the post it used to be brazed to, and it does make contact and it does work. Eventually, I'll get a new one and wire it in.
  12. Martillo Dave Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF 230F
    Just a follow up... I FINALLY fixed this today. A member of the Facebook page (TE449/511) fixed his and posted pics. It is indeed the resistor behind the headlight that rusts/breaks, and it leaves the low fuel light on. Here are some pics to identify it, along with the size resistor he used... the last pic is my resistor soldered in (my first feeble soldering effort... hope it holds!)...

gas light wire.jpg gas light wire 2.jpg Resistor pic.jpg IMG_2219.jpg